Re: Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm ammo thoughts

I have had a PX4 9mm (full size) for a long time and liked it so much I just picked one up in. 45acp. I agree the Hornady Critical Defense loads are pretty good. And very highly reviewed. Too expensive to practice with, though. When I go to the range I shoot the first two rounds then switch to ball ammo. I have also shot a lot of Glasser saftey slugs (?). That gun will handle anything you put through it. Nice choice in weapons. If I were to buy another carry gun, I would probably look at the sub PX4 in 9mm also.

Share and enjoy!!
Shower together to save water.

Just got my Storm SC back from the gunsmith with Beretta adjustable sights...I love this gun. Got 3 mags with the snap grips on all 3 and installed a set of Talons as well.

For ammunition it is whatever you feel good with - Mine has digested about 1500 rounds and the first 800 were everything under the sun and it has never missed a lick. Ever. So, shoot what you think works the best for your situation. For target I prefer the Fiocchi 115 gr. hardball.

I hand load so I'm shooting all my own ammunition at this point...for SD I do not use hollow points, I'm the Odd Duck in this regard and I load 124 gr. plated flat points (Berry's) over 5.1 gr. of Unique which pushes them well over 1000fps.

But the Storm SC can handle whatever you like. It is not finicky...my personal choice as a primary CCW pistol.

VooDoo
Tyrants disarm the people they intend to oppress.

I am sworn to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

The Px4 Storm 9mm SC is my EDC.

With a short barrel such as the SC has, you want your carry ammunition to be +P. For that I go with Speer LE Gold Dot 124 grain 9mm +P. It's item number 53617 if you search for it. Never an issue. If you can't find 53617, look for 23617. Box of 20 as opposed to 50, and usually easier to find. 53617 is labeled as "Duty Ammunition" and 23617 is "Personal Protection" but there's no difference. Marketing I guess.