Fishing Stores

I found where all the .22 LR is hiding.

Fishing Stores.

I was shooting a wedding and across the street was a Strike Zone, I popped in afterwards to see if they had any handgun ammunition, and boy did they. At least a dozen boxes of everything from .22LR on up. Quite a lot of .22 actually.

Has anyone else been able to find some in their local angler shops?
"No one can build his security upon the nobleness of another person."
-Willa Cather

Re: Fishing Stores

KnightsFan wrote:I found where all the .22 LR is hiding.

Fishing Stores.

I was shooting a wedding and across the street was a Strike Zone, I popped in afterwards to see if they had any handgun ammunition, and boy did they. At least a dozen boxes of everything from .22LR on up. Quite a lot of .22 actually.

Has anyone else been able to find some in their local angler shops?
Nice find! I didn't even think of that.... Will check to see if it's an RI thing as well.
"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo.

Yeah, I expected them to only have rifle calibers since they carry a little bit of hunting goods too, but nope. Pleasantly surprised, found the Winchester White Box of 9mm I was looking for and left the .22 for those that need it.
"No one can build his security upon the nobleness of another person."
-Willa Cather

Gander Mountain here in St Louis (new shop) has a LOT of .22lr. It seems that folks here are waiting for the prices to go back closer to normal and it's just not selling there....
In a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich the chicken and cow are involved while the pig is committed.

Just went to Cabelas and picked up a 525 of Remington range fodder from a successful web-snipe. They had 50 boxes of CCI .22lr standard velocity available, 2 per customer. Also had Federal, Remington and CCI small pistol primers at $40/1000 (meh) and some powder - the only pistol powder I saw was H4227.
When only cops have guns, it's called a police state.
I carry due to toxic masculinity.......just other people's.

KnightsFan wrote:Has anyone else been able to find some in their local angler shops?
Nope. Not with a treble hook or a bucktail. ;)
"Only voluntary, inspired self-restraint can raise man above the world stream of materialism. Our lives will have to change if we want to save life from self-destruction." ~ Alexander Solzhenitzyn

Antiquus wrote:Just went to Cabelas and picked up a 525 of Remington range fodder from a successful web-snipe. They had 50 boxes of CCI .22lr standard velocity available, 2 per customer. Also had Federal, Remington and CCI small pistol primers at $40/1000 (meh) and some powder - the only pistol powder I saw was H4227.
$40/1000? FTSPBR. Looking forward to getting settled and checking out the local shops here in Sacramento. Hopefully they aren't gouging for primers. Better than $50/1000 I guess.

Thanks for the head up on the 22 LR though- good to know.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou