Re: Freedom Munitions Review

I heard about the January ammo recall before reading this thread. Right on cue, the complaints started with Jan 2015 posts. I'm about to use my free shipping order on some 9mm and .38. After reading this thread, though, I might spend a bit more and buy new instead of reman. There's only a $10 difference on a 500 round order. With free shipping, that's a hit I can take. Well, after one more paycheck, anyway . . . .

Oh, and going way back in the post - in my experience, everything short of black powder is cleaner than WWB!

ETA: Their customer service sucks. They advertise that they ship orders in 1 or 2 days. After 6 days of my order "processing,", I called; got the runaround, and politely canceled the order. The girl on the phone couldn't have cared less.
YMMV, but they'll never see a penny from me. Only one chance to make a first impression.
Last edited by Aztex999 on Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there - George Harrison
Don't go where the road don't go - Ringo Starr

Re: Freedom Munitions Review

I've been buying and shooting FM new and reman for about three years now. In that time (I've purchased more than 10,000 rounds from them) I've had zero squibs and zero misfires. I call that pure luck as it has already been noted that even major manufacturers have those at times.

Pretty clean shooting as well.

Here's the thing - Freedom uses the same equipment as the large manufacturers. Given their volume at this point, I would even consider them a fairly major manufacturer. I carry their XTP loads in my carry guns, I shoot their new and reman through my pistols and rifle.

The price cannot be beat - I have never found a better price - even for aluminum or steel cased.

Customer service has been awesome - and on occasion when I ordered reman and they were out of reman - they sent me new.

They have my business for as long as the state of CA allows me to order by mail....
Jim - U.S. Navy - 23 years