22lr is here!

Went to WalMart and they had about 10,000 rounds of 22lr. This was around 11am, so who knows what they had at 7am.

I bought three boxes (the limit) of CCI for $7.48 a box.

Went next door to Big 5. THEY had 22lr. It was Winchester x22, so I'm sure it was near or above 10 cents a round and I passed.

Anyone else finding 22lr???

"Person, woman, man, camera, TV."

Re: 22lr is here!

My LGS has a pretty large variety in stock right now. Prices are still very high. I am still working down my cache and have about 4000 rounds left so I am in no hurry.

Walmart has plenty of centerfire at reasonable prices. I picked up 100 rounds of 9 mm Winchester White Box for about $26 today.

That's exciting. I did see some at my LGS a few weeks ago, but it was overpriced. Haven't popped into a wally world to look, but my have to if that amount is coming in.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

My local Walmart seriously sucks in terms of... well all ammo! 22LR in particular though. For a period of time I was waking up earlier to go there before work and wait in the 22LR line, with limited success. Maybe in that 1-month period of doing this I managed to get about 300 rounds of 22LR. I have not done it recently, but I have asked the clerks about their ammo situation and 22LR is only trickling into the store. I've had much better success ordering from online, Cabelas, Gander mountain, etc. Sometimes the same price or cheaper than Walmart (shipping included), sometimes a little more expensive, but my limit is 10 cents a round.

Gander Mountain always seems to have 22lr because none is bulk and it's very pricey.

Bass Pro seems to be getting some bulk shipments in and it lasts a day or so.

Cabelas has large amounts of 22lr in the back stock rooms but it's policy is only to put a little out at a time over the course of the day to make it look like they don't have any. All this does is spread the fear mongering.

Walmart, I don't know what they are doing but they are always out when I go.

I was able to get two 525 count boxes of Remington golden bullet couple of weeks ago.
The limit is one bulk box per person per day but since my wife was with me I was able to get two.
It was the first time I was able to get .22 since December.

I was in Walmart for something else. I decided to take a look and they had 5-100 round boxes of CCI left. I bought one. I don't have anything that uses .22 so buying 3 felt like hoarding. I got one for my Father-in-law. He has a single action revolver so it lasts anyway. Less people shoot here in town but stuff flies off the shelves out where he lives.
Brian

Very interesting!

One thing I learned is that, since their improvised .22 cartridges cost 3.5 cents around, we are being gouged by the ammo manufacturers for .22lr at 10+ cents a round.
"To initiate a war of aggression...is the supreme international crime" - Nuremberg prosecutor Robert Jackson, 1946

We each bought our limit of two boxes of 50 FMJ Aguila 22lr at Academy Sports in Clarksville, TN today. They were 4.84 or so a box. We stopped at KY Guns and Knives (Oak Grove) and Big Iron (Clarksville) but they didn't seem to have any FMJ, just the lead ball.

A month ago I was at Whittaker's in Owensboro KY and picked up a brick of 500 Aguila for 80 bucks. That hurt but I had not seen bricks in about 3 years.

We are going to the range in the morning so we'll see how this stuff works. Dawn has a Walther/Colt Gold Trophy 22 and a Nylon 66 that is so old it has no serial number.

I will shoot my Kimber 45 UCII to further it along in break in.

Be safe and shoot straight!

Bob

Elmo wrote:Very interesting!

One thing I learned is that, since their improvised .22 cartridges cost 3.5 cents around, we are being gouged by the ammo manufacturers for .22lr at 10+ cents a round.
I see several people trying to unload 10 cent rounds in large lots. The more at 7 cents the better.
Brian

Ok. Just was able to view it from my desktop finally. $189??? I'd be interested at $50, would still probably pay $100, but to load one 22LR at a time, and casting one single bullet at a time? That's a little much, and I like to tinker.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou