Re: Walmart just dropped ammo prices. (On 9mm, anyway.)

WilsonLNU wrote:That's too bad, Stiff. I've wondered if being so close to their corporate headquarters helps me out here.
I think it's more about urban vs. rural stores. I visited a Walmart in the middle of Kentucky and they had all sorts of AR rifles with tons of ammo, they got two freakin aisles of gun stuff. The stores around my area are relatively urban, one doesn't even sell any firearm and has only a small cabinet of ammo.
Glad that federal government is boring again.

SwampGrouch wrote:I'd rather pay a dollar a round than patronize those sonofabitches.
That's fair.

I've struggled over how and when to "vote with my dollars." To those who are more conscientious than I: Kudos. Real kudos, not sarcastic or half-hearted ones.

For groceries, I get anything I can at a pair regional chain stores nearby. For hardware/tools/woodworking stuff, I get everything I can at Lowes and Tractor Supply.

But when there's nowhere else to find a tool, I go to Harbor Freight, even though I'm sure everything there is made by near-slave labor in China. But then, there seems to be very little available that hasn't been made by near-slave labor.

And as bad as Walmart is, I'm hearing things about Amazon treating their U.S. workers terribly, too?

Sigh.

And for ammo, I buy U.S.-made 9mm for a couple pistols, Italian-made 9mm for another, and... Serbian-made .357? Thankfully I don't shoot near as much of that. It works really well out of my lever gun, and packs quite a punch at a low cost, but am I supporting a military-industrial complex intent on massacring Muslims? Probably.

Just... sigh.

The labor stuff, anyway, could be fixed if we didn't allow jobs to be exported to places where workers get treated worse than they're suppose to be treated here. As unlikely as that is to happen, I have more hope that it will than in my ability to change anything with my meager spending.

Maybe that sounds like apathy. Hell, it may well be.
I carry for Kitty Genovese.

Must be my lucky day, the wally world by my office got 10 boxes of the $9.78 9mm Perfecta ammo. I bought all ten. I'm planning to sign up for a 3-day training at TDI, which requires about 1800 rounds of ammo, so I need to stock up. Since they don't allow steel core or steel jacketed bullets due to their steel targets, I can't use the cheap GECO ammo available online.

Stiff the GECO I've used has not had a steel core and it was marked IPSC approved. Some of it did have a bi-metal jacket which would cause it to fail a magnet test. I've used it at indoor ranges that do not allow steel core ammo. They look over boxes before you go into the range. I've seen sections of the ammo on the internet. I might one day cut my own just to check. I've read that some GECO has a full copper jacket others the bi-metal a copper mix depending on where it was manufactured. I've had both.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

sikacz wrote:Stiff the GECO I've used has not had a steel core and it was marked IPSC approved. Some of it did have a bi-metal jacket which would cause it to fail a magnet test. I've used it at indoor ranges that do not allow steel core ammo. They look over boxes before you go into the range. I've seen sections of the ammo on the internet. I might one day cut my own just to check. I've read that some GECO has a full copper jacket others the bi-metal a copper mix depending on where it was manufactured. I've had both.
Unfortunately TDI disallows GECO specifically by name, so I'd rather not argue with them. For my local range it would be perfectly fine (as a matter of fact it's the ammo they sell with heavy mark-up), but I don't need to buy entire cases just for weekly practice.

Pro Bass shops have Winchester 22LR 333 count for $18.98 ... If you have one within driving distance its worth it at 6 cents a round.

And if you live close to the St. Charles MO Pro Bass, dont go buy them all before I can get up there next week. I need to get a couple boxes for my and and myself.
This is just my opinion, yours may vary and is no less valid.
- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more