Re: Has anyone tried these?

I have not used them. However, I was at an IDPA practice match where a few of the participants had loaded their own "plastic" black bullets and that is what they used for the match. I saw no issues with the performance of their guns. They were both regulars so their scores were pretty high.

The only thing that gave me pause was that the weight of the bullet might not have been high enough to bring down some of the steel targets. There were a few repeat shots at target that did not go down.

Catalyst

Everything is bigger in Texas
Texas LTC Holder
Postal Match Winner: 2017 Q1 Rimfire, 7 Yd Division, Glass, S&W Victory 22

those cartoocheese look expensive.
eelj wrote:I can see a very good use for non lethal ammo where I live. Certain wild animals and most especially neighbors dogs can be a pest and I would just as soon not kill them. As far as home defense I don't think so.
A good bb/pellet gun will handle that task -quieter too.

My Red Ryder carbine action two-hundred shot range model air rifle is quite effective on the cats.
The symbol of the race ought to be a human being carrying an ax, for every human being has one concealed about him somewhere, and is always seeking the opportunity to grind it.
- Mark Twain, a Biography

I'm actually considering putting a rubber bullet on top (in the pipe), followed by JHP for the rest in the mag.

1. It gives me a less lethal option while still having the lethal one.
2. It's less of an issue for repeated chambering.
3. If I screw up (very unlikely) and the gun fires, it's less dangerous.
4. If I need to go lethal it's just one shot or one slide rack away.

I just need to figure out if the round is powerful enough to cycle the slide.
Glad that federal government is boring again.