Re: 38 Special and 60 year old S&W

Antiquus wrote:
TheViking wrote:
Antiquus wrote:According to an elderly box in my closet, purchased years ago when I still bought ammo, yes - 130gr FMJ. Probably the LRN 158gr will shoot closest to point of aim if it was a new gun. However it was made before the Nerf so I wonder where the point of aim is. Give us your impressions about that.
Adjustable sights IIRC :)
I'd still be interested where on the site adjustment something shoots, and whether some load lands outside the adjustment range.
It may take a few weeks before we get to take her out. We've both been a bit sick. I was sick most of January and now it's my wife's turn. It's her gun so I'll wait till she's ready. I won't fool with the sights, but I'll photograph how it's set and then do some shooting at 5, 7 and perhaps 10 yards. I'll make notes on ammo and point of aim and where it hits. I have no idea about the adjustment on the sights and what range they are currently set zero to.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Marlene wrote:Try some 148 grain wadcutters too. They're fun!
So I picked up some Winchester, but didn't see wadcutters at the Academy. Bisbee mentioned some things about wadcutters, but what all can you tell about them? I'll be keeping an eye out for them. I was reading some internet articles and one author mentioned using them in his first S&W .38 Special Target Masterpiece.
http://americanhandgunner.com/sws-master-pieces/

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Simmer down wrote:Wadcutters (WC) are flat nose used for cutting clean holes in targets for those serious about their target holes. The 148g are a standard target load. I'll bring you some at the next shoot if you can't find any.
Thanks, I'll let you know if I can't find any.