Me versus Federal Automatch 22LR?

So I was down at the range today, for the first time on my own with my Smith & Wesson M&P 22. I shot through a few mags of Federal Automatch 22LR from Dicks in nice groups and was feeling confident. Then I started to run into occasional jams, including to one failure to eject. I was feeling awfully bad about it, perhaps I wasn't loading properly, but then I found this guy on Youtube had about the same experience (though he is a much better shot.) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQVbPfwT2cI Could it be the Federal Automatch was the problem? (Ok, that and the occasional bad grip.) The web's verdict of the ammo seems to be "It is what it is."

I figure next time I will try some CCI and see what happens.

Re: Me versus Federal Automatch 22LR?

sikacz wrote:
lurker wrote:new guns sometimes need to wear in. give it a couple hundred rounds?
Or a thousand.
Lucky we're talking about 22LR. ;) Not $o painful.

If you need some extra kick to knock it around during the break-in period, grab a brick of Aguila Interceptor. That shit is hot! (For a .22LR :rolleyes: ) Whether it's hot enough to be abusive, I don't know. I bought some a bit over year ago, and I think I've shot only one box of 50, or maybe two, among my three .22s. You can feel a bit of difference vs. MiniMags, for sure.
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.