.32 H&R magnum Vs .327 Federal Magnum

I found a used Ruger SP 101 in what I thought was .327 Federal Magnum. It turns out that it is actually chambered in .32 H&R Magnum.

Looking at load tables, 327 Fed is about 300 fps faster across the board. .32 H&R tops out at about 1200 fps.

Any opinions out there? I had been set on the 327 Fed, but maybe the difference between the 2 cartridges is splitting hairs too finely.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bleeding Heart Liberal with Second Amendment Benefits.

Re: .32 H&R magnum Vs .327 Federal Magnum

Marlene wrote:Try it. If you don’t like it, I’ll take it.

Did you already buy 327 brass?
I ordered.327 brass from starline this weekend. I think I can call first thing tomorrow and change the order.

I don't really want to spend the extra $200.00 or so to get the .327 new. So I'll stay the course...

One of these days I'll think about the cost of getting into a new cartridge when I buy a new firearm. I probably will end up spending about the same as that new 66 combat in .357....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bleeding Heart Liberal with Second Amendment Benefits.

featureless wrote: Me too. Hornady makes a very good 32h&r defensive round.
I second that on the Hornady defensive in H&R. But avoid Federal--I had a lot of split cases-- so bad I had to tap them out with a dowel and hammer. Federal sent me two more boxes but I am scared to try them.

Lehigh make a wonderful 32 cal bullet called the Xtreme Cavitator. They will meet FBI penetration standards from a 32 acp. You might want to check them out. (Yes this is in a 32 acp, but you can buy the bullets and reload yourself)
https://www.lehighdefense.com/products/ ... 3337135428
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

Hiker wrote:
featureless wrote: Me too. Hornady makes a very good 32h&r defensive round.
I second that on the Hornady defensive in H&R. But avoid Federal--I had a lot of split cases-- so bad I had to tap them out with a dowel and hammer. Federal sent me two more boxes but I am scared to try them.

Lehigh make a wonderful 32 cal bullet called the Xtreme Cavitator. They will meet FBI penetration standards from a 32 acp. You might want to check them out. (Yes this is in a 32 acp, but you can buy the bullets and reload yourself)
https://www.lehighdefense.com/products/ ... 3337135428
Every time you post this you remind me of how much I want a Seecamp. I'm not made of money, you can't keep doing this to me.

YOU'RE TEARING ME APART LISA!