Re: Aquila increases .22 production

Stiff wrote:
Elmo wrote:I've been shooting a lot of Aguila ammo in several calibers, including .22lr. Good stuff.

(By the way, always impress your friends and infuriate bigots by using the correct Spanish pronunciation: AW-gee-la, accent in the first syllable. It means eagle.)
If I don't say a-GWEE-la the dudes behind the counter at the gun store don't understand me.
Freak 'em out more by asking for a couple of boxes of eagle. :roflmao: Thanks Elmo I'll practice the prounciation.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

I bought a case of Aquila in the 90s and had lots of feeds issues in pistols that ran other ammunition well. I considered it junk.

I've ordered sever different kinds of Aguila from Academy this summer and am mostly pleased with it. The HV cycles well in everything and provides good enough accuracy in Green Mountain 10/22 barrels. It appears to group better than their match variants. The SV has mediocre accuracy at 100 yards, but the subsonic is a bit better.

Seems to have improved tremendously since my last batch.

zukiphile wrote:I bought a case of Aquila in the 90s and had lots of feeds issues in pistols that ran other ammunition well. I considered it junk.

I've ordered sever different kinds of Aguila from Academy this summer and am mostly pleased with it. The HV cycles well in everything and provides good enough accuracy in Green Mountain 10/22 barrels. It appears to group better than their match variants. The SV has mediocre accuracy at 100 yards, but the subsonic is a bit better.

Seems to have improved tremendously since my last batch.
Yeah, I bought a brick of Aquila HV not too long ago, runs perfectly in all my guns and does pretty well in the Postal Matches :D