Re: This post is just about me bragging.

officedog wrote:Very nice! How's the trigger break on it? Always been curious about CZs.
My experience is that they are excellent although most of my experience is with a 453 with a single set trigger. In normal mode, it breaks clean at about 4 pounds, in single set, one pound. Both are adjustable. The 455 does not have this trigger but the ones I have fired are good.

I came across it on one of my local Facebook sales groups. Some younger guy posted a picture of it in the box without a brand or a model. Just a 22 rifle for $200.
When I asked what make and model he just posted pictures of the outside of the box showing the CZ logo. He said he got it as a gift but had no use for it and that he had only put a handful of rounds through it.
For that price I couldn't walk away from it. A buddy of mine said I should have offered the guy $150 but I already felt like I was ripping the guy off so I gave him the asking price.
I didn't know if it was the 452 or 455 until I looked to it. I was pretty excited when I seen it was the 455.

So here is what I have learned so far.
Free floating barrel
Free floating barrel
The trigger is seems really good. No take-up, just a light and very short pull and it breaks.
I did 2 tests with a trigger gauge, each 5 pull average. The first one was 3 pounds 14 ounces and the second one was 4 pounds 3 ounces.
It has a free floating barrel. I have seen some videos where the owner sands a little more out of the stock but I'm leaving it alone.
Chamber
Chamber
Looking in the chamber and at the magazine it doesn't look like this has seen much use at all. Everything looks very clean on the inside.
Rear sights
Rear sights
The rear sights are adjustable but it takes a screwdriver to do that.
Last edited by lsj74 on Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Stock
Stock
The inside of the stock seems well finished. A little bit rough to the touch but no slivers and no tight spots rubbing on any of the parts.
Barrel
Barrel
Ok this is the cool part.
The two hex screws on the front hold the barrel on. You can get different barrels chambered in 22 LR, 22 WMR and 17 HMR. I believe there are variety of different types of barrels too like bull barrels and fluted.

Now if the weather would get a little better I could go and try it.

The best break in for the CZ 455 is lots of shooting. The only work I did on mine was a little flitz on the outside finish of the bolt. Sounds like the young man was not appreciative of the gift he received. Your benefit. As for barrel switching I'm keeping it as is. The option is there, but she is a blast to shoot as a .22LR. Enjoy.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Took it to the range to bay and ran a few rounds through it.
Definitely a nice shooter.
I shot about ten rounds standing and then I rested it on my range bag.
received_10211382741140265.jpeg
This is from about 25 yards shooting Federal AutoMatch.
I was having a half assed migraine so the concentration wasn't the best and my vision was slightly blurry so I probably wasn't getting the best grouping.
I have been looking into scopes and I'm leaning towards Vortex Crossfire II 4-12x44mm. With a price tag of $170 it seems to be a decent scope for the money.

lsj74 wrote:
Bacchus wrote:Nice! That doesn't look bad at all for some initial shots. :) Heck, leave the scope off for a while and see how good you can get with irons for a while. Again, great find.
I was thinking about waiting on the scope.
I can buy more toys with the money.
Good call. It's a fun rifle without a scope.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Agree about leaving off the scope and leaving the 22 LR barrel on it. The Lux's are meant for iron sights and come from the factory zeroed at 50M - not yards. (The scope would have to be mounted so high to get over the iron sight you would have to buy pads to be able to shoot it.) A 22LR Lux with its super long barrel will easily shoot out to 100M with decent ammo - typically CCI SV or other decent SV ammo. My experience with CZs and Federal is mixed. Shooting it for range with the 22 WMR would be 75M plus - very accurate, especially with Hornady 30g stuff and you probably would have trouble seeing how it shoots over open sights with .17 HMR. (I shoot my 455 Varmint .17 HMR into 3/8" ragged holes at 100 yards and there are many folks who can shoot better than that 140 yards.) IMO, the Lux is best as a 22LR shooter.

I have to admit the price you paid for it is the best bargain I have ever heard of for any kind of CZ 452 or 455. Congratulations.