617 needs to go back to S&W.

I have a 617-6, 6" barrel, 6-shot. I use a Burris FF2 red dot on it. It's a real favorite for shooting. Anyway, it been having FTF due to light primer strikes. I've looked at the spring retaining screw and it's all right. The firing pin is still dome-shaped and it works sometimes. I've sprayed Outer's Nitro Solvent into the hole where the firing pin pokes out to make sure there is not crap in there slowing down the firing pin. I thought that had fixed it. And shooting CCI Xmas bulk pack today, it seemed like it was cured. But when I ran out and switched to Win. Super-X, it started miss-firing again. I can't figure out what's wrong with it. So, I'm just going to send it to the factory and let them deal with it.
Yet she persisted.

Re: 617 needs to go back to S&W.

Brownells sent the wrong firing pin. Well screw it. It's going back to S&W, what I should have done the first time. This sucks because it's my only .22 pistol, I mean except for an old m.17... And a Mark III. And a Mark II. A Single Six, a Beretta Jaguar, and a Hi Standard Supermatic. But yeah, except for all those, I got nothin'!
Yet she persisted.