Re: I could be compensating for something.

SailDesign wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:31 pm There was one of those in the LGS this morning... Right next to a Mk IV slab-side. Since I couldn't afford either (and have no room in the closet for ANY more gunz, I behaved. :)
I'm not sure if you're young enough for that, for behaving. The last check you write before you die should bounce--after you're dead.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

sikacz wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:02 pm I love it. How many inch is that? Looks longer than 7".
It's a 10 inch barrel. It seems huge and will definitely slow down my quick draw. But the sight radius! It's amazing. Trigger seems really good too. The mainspring housing looks to be Volquartsen since it's solid rather than the three part press together unit.
MaxwellG wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:21 pm That's a bigun'!
That was fun taking it apart and putting it back together yes? That's part of the fun!

Barrel envy... :roflmao:
Taking it apart was easy. Putting it back together is like solving one of those ridiculous ring/chain puzzles at your in-laws house during the holidays.

It'll be at least Wednesday before I can get to the range. Waiting is hard. :cry:

It shoots as well as I thought it would. The first group of ten was tighter than I could shoot with the H&R 999 even though I've put countless rounds through the 999. Groups kept getting tighter until my hands and arms became fatigued by the 3lb pistol. It weighs fully a pound more than my CZ75b or the 999 (2.2 lbs vs 3.2 lbs).

I guess I better start working out and eating my Wheaties. :-)

I put a Volquartsen grip on it last night. I like it so far, but have yet to try it at the range.

I had the pleasure of shooting that beast during a recent range day with Max. Believe it or not, it looks longer in person than in the picture. That bull barrel makes for a really, really heavy front end, and holding the thing on target feels more rifle than pistol. Tell you what, though, the first ten rounds I shot through that at a target 60+ feet away made what I had done with my regular MK III (the one I use for the Bullseye League, mind you) look like a shotgun pattern. Unreal.

Thanks to Max for letting me fond... er... shoot it some during our range trip!

And yes, it makes me feel totally inadequate. ;)
"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number Six

MaxWyatt wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 7:10 pm Volquartsen grip is great, but the bolt no longer stays open after the last shot. I'm going to swap the original grips back on to see whether it's the grips or the new bolt catch that's responsible.

Flickr.com is alive. Perhaps it's just the bullseye bob graphic that's gone missing?
Ummm... Yes.

I realised after I stomped some excess stuff out of my Flick'r account that Paco had used a link to my Flick'r for everyone's Bob. :)

His new location is in my own photo area of the LGC - should you want Bob back, use this link:

https://membership.theliberalgunclub.co ... llsEye.jpg

Sorry about that....
Last edited by SailDesign on Mon May 28, 2018 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo.

MaxWyatt wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 7:10 pm Volquartsen grip is great, but the bolt no longer stays open after the last shot. I'm going to swap the original grips back on to see whether it's the grips or the new bolt catch that's responsible.

Flickr.com is alive. Perhaps it's just the bullseye bob graphic that's gone missing?
I have the same problem with the bolt not locking back on my Mark IV. I don't know what the problem is, but since it isn't obviously hurting anything, I've ignored it. Oddly enough, yesterday it worked the way it is supposed to and locked back every time I emptied the magazine. The only thing different about yesterday was that the gun was dirty when I took it to the range.
106+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

Eris wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 9:19 pm
I have the same problem with the bolt not locking back on my Mark IV. I don't know what the problem is, but since it isn't obviously hurting anything, I've ignored it. Oddly enough, yesterday it worked the way it is supposed to and locked back every time I emptied the magazine. The only thing different about yesterday was that the gun was dirty when I took it to the range.
Regarding the bold not staying open after the last shot; I have discovered that I was the problem. In order to solve said problem, all I had to do was place my left thumb in a slightly different location. :oops: Hey, at least it was an easy fix. :D

MaxWyatt wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 4:04 pm
Eris wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 9:19 pm
Regarding the bold not staying open after the last shot; I have discovered that I was the problem. In order to solve said problem, all I had to do was place my left thumb in a slightly different location. :oops: Hey, at least it was an easy fix. :D
Perhaps that's it. I did switch to a one handed grip this past time, whereas I've always used a two handed grip before.
106+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed