SR22

I bought my first handgun today. Just waiting for my license to get amended. Went in with the plan to get a Shield 9mm but realized that I don't plan to carry until I've put a lot of rounds downrange (and after we've seen cops kill a couple good guys with a gun in the past month I'm hesitant to even then). It felt good to fire and my shot groups weren't completely awful for my first time shooting a pistol.

Re: SR22

Excellent! .22's are fun to shoot and the ammunition is much less expensive so you can afford to practice more often.
106+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

When the SR22 first came out, I was looking at it along with the Walther P22. A friend who had both said go with the Ruger he said the quality was better and I've been very happy. :thumbup:
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Thanks everyone! I'll put some pics of it once I'm allowed to take it out of the store (NY state won't let me take it home until my license is amended to include the specific firearm). Thanks for the Tandemkross recommendation, too!