Re: New small stream fly rod.

I'm on a trip fly fishing up the Western Sierras and in several days I'll head back down south on the eastern side of the Sierras.

Anybody have suggestions on Northeast CA fly fishing? Can't find anything until almost Reno. Plenty of areas from there south though.
These were caught on the Kern River in Southern CA.
These were caught on the Kern River in Southern CA.
That's a Fisher Rod, Scientific Angler reel and a couple of Rainbows I ate.

Mohead wrote:I have a 6 1/2 foot 3 weight that has been among my favorite rods for several years. Seems like a more intimate relationship with the water at the small end of the rod spectrum.
I don't fly fish, but my 4'6" Ultralight spinner has that same feeling. Saltwater, I'm in the 10' region "just 'cos" but freshwater gets shortie spinners.
"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo.

BKinzey wrote:I'm on a trip fly fishing up the Western Sierras and in several days I'll head back down south on the eastern side of the Sierras.

Anybody have suggestions on Northeast CA fly fishing? Can't find anything until almost Reno. Plenty of areas from there south though.
IMG_1568 S.jpg
That's a Fisher Rod, Scientific Angler reel and a couple of Rainbows I ate.
Fished in Redding Ca once back in my 20's. The trout were nice and the beer cold. That were my needs then. We would go on trips hunting or fishing with a cooler of beer ans peanut butter , jelly and a couple loaves of bread. Those were the days.
Hey, careful, man, there's a beverage here! The Dude.
Skilled Labor Isn't Cheap - Cheap Labor Isn't Skilled

There are no fish in Northern CA either.

2 days fishing and sight seeing and not a bite. OK, I did see some fish jump and there were 5 dead fish on the bottom by the boat launch at Frenchmans Reservoir.

I'm at Lee Vining, CA today. Found out every library I've found leaves the wi-fi on after close.