Re: Patches: Update 12/9/16

Stiff wrote:
CDFingers wrote: What means "subdued"?
It means a color scheme approaching camo. Against the old army woodland camo that would be OD, to current digital camo it's Foliage Green, and to Multicam camo used in Afghanistan or Marine's Marpat it's Coyote Brown. Basically any Earth-tone color can be called 'subdued'.
I'm a big fan of the Gray/Black urban subdued.

Re: Patches: Update 12/9/16

Queen wrote:
Stiff wrote:
CDFingers wrote: What means "subdued"?
It means a color scheme approaching camo. Against the old army woodland camo that would be OD, to current digital camo it's Foliage Green, and to Multicam camo used in Afghanistan or Marine's Marpat it's Coyote Brown. Basically any Earth-tone color can be called 'subdued'.
I'm a big fan of the Gray/Black urban subdued.
Gray/Black would work nicely on my black range bag, but less harmoniously with my brown Appleseed Rifleman hat.
Glad that federal government is boring again.

Re: Patches: Update 12/21/16

Up to the morning of the 21st on the Left Coast, all patches have shipped. One went to Kent, United Kingdom.

We still have 'em! Order away--we'll make more.

New version in the works. Then another, newer, spiffier version. Their yuugeness will remain stable, however.

Running out of flag stamps. May have to move to kittens.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

I added mine to my newsboy shootin' cap.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk
This is just my opinion, yours may vary and is no less valid.
- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more

Queen wrote:Where'd you get the HRC patch, I've never seen one before??
You'll love this. It was in the box with my awards from my cub scouts and webelos days. I dont. Recall what it was for though, but I knew what it was for as soon as I saw it again lol

- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more

Here ya go. Didnt find out what it was for, but i found one for sale on ebay

http://m.ebay.com/itm/370631506962?_mwBanner=1

But they want way too much for group of patches to make it worth while for one. $102.. Ouch.. Maybe I should sell my stuff lol

- Me -

-Me-

I must proof read more

Here is my favorite. Years ago my uncle had these made for my grandmother who was a fantastic seamstress, and she used them in the down coats she made all of us one year. He had to but 2000 of them though, and I found the bag full of them at my dads a couple years and handed them out to relatives.
Alma the tent maker..

i even followed the faux fancy stitch installing it
- Me -

-Me-

I must proof read more

dandad wrote:
You'll love this. It was in the box with my awards from my cub scouts and webelos days. I dont. Recall what it was for though, but I knew what it was for as soon as I saw it again lol

I think it's a Cub Scout Patrol Leader patch; the asst patrol leader had one bar. My memory could be non swank, though.

CDFingers

CDFingers wrote:
dandad wrote:

I think it's a Cub Scout Patrol Leader patch; the asst patrol leader had one bar. My memory could be non swank, though.

CDFingers
Well that was way to long ago for my memory. Lol. And I repurposed it

- Me -

-Me-

I must proof read more

Re: Patches: Update 1/17/17 Rainbow Starz

Patches with rainbow starz have arrived.

Full grown, thirty five year old redwood for scale:

It's true that the tree is thirty five, and it's true that it's full grown. It's also true that I have bonsai-ed it for those thirty five years.

But that's the patch right there, actual size when I pic'cd it, same as the others. Hasn't changed from what I can tell.

Collect 'em all.

Subdued patch in the works!

CDFingers

Re: Patches: Update 1/17/17 Rainbow Starz

CDFingers wrote:Patches with rainbow starz have arrived.

But that's the patch right there, actual size when I pic'cd it, same as the others. Hasn't changed from what I can tell.

Collect 'em all.

Subdued patch in the works!

CDFingers
I ordered the patch through the link in the blog post, but there wasn't a way to specify that I wanted the rainbow stars patch. Should I PM you or is mentioning it on the forum enough?