Frankin Armory Double Action Rifle

Saw this on the news this morning- a non-semi automatic pistol caliber carbine. Only relevant really to those of us in states where things are restricted, and I wonder how bad the trigger pull will be, but an interesting concept anyway.

“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

Re: Frankin Armory Double Action Rifle

I figured something like this would come along at some point. I'm still waiting for the return of clip fed rifles as in "Sorry, this semi-auto rifle isn't an 'assault rifle' because it doesn't have a high capacity magazine, and in fact, it doesn't have an external magazine at all."
106+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

Eris wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:51 pm I figured something like this would come along at some point. I'm still waiting for the return of clip fed rifles as in "Sorry, this semi-auto rifle isn't an 'assault rifle' because it doesn't have a high capacity magazine, and in fact, it doesn't have an external magazine at all."
My emergency plan for my JRA M-14 was always to get a fixed mag kit and then feed it from stripper clips like it was originally intended.

Eris wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:51 pm I figured something like this would come along at some point. I'm still waiting for the return of clip fed rifles as in "Sorry, this semi-auto rifle isn't an 'assault rifle' because it doesn't have a high capacity magazine, and in fact, it doesn't have an external magazine at all."
There's already a device similar to that for the AR for ban states. The magazine is "fixed" by either drilling, screwing, welding, etc. and then a loading device similar to a stripper clip is used to load the 10 rounds through the ejection port. Can't for the life of me remember what it's called.

Yeah, my VZ-58 and M1a both are clip fed- the VZ has a pinned mag at this point so is only clip fed, if I have to, I'll roll the same way with my M1.

I've actually shot a pump action AR- home built by a guy here in CA- Troy stopped making theirs a bit ago with all the workarounds that people came up with, but it will get dusted off as something new again I'm sure.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou