My newest aquisition

So, I finally got to go pick up the gun I've had on layaway for two months...

It's a left-handed Weatherby Mark V in .338 WinMag with a 3x9 Nikon scope.

Action's smooth as silk. Trigger is about 3.5 pounds, maybe, and crisp. Zero creep.

I can't wait to take it out. This Sunday, if all goes well.

Rest of the album here

*EDIT*: Blacked out the serial number on the pix, on the advice of someone in the /r/longrange subreddit. Apparently, some jackholes have called in "stolen gun" reports on serials they've seen on the Wobz. People are assholes...
Last edited by BearLeft on Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
My blog - Bear Left Guns

Rem 760 .30-06, Ruger Single Six, Remington Nylon 66

Re: My newest aquisition

mattgunguy wrote:Excellent stick you've got there. What are the differences between .338 WinMag & .338 Lapua?
Thanks! I really dig it.

Basic difference between the WinMag and the Lapua is case capacity/velocity. The Lapua gets about 400fps more with a 250gr projectile and 600 more with 300gr. But as the joke goes, "I thought my rifle was chambered in 338 Lapua. Turns out, it's chambered in five-dollar bills"

Simmer down wrote:I'm a lefty and have 1 left bolt hand action. I thought it would feel natural but it took some time to adapt.

How did that set up go for you?
It still feels a tiny bit awkward, but I think most of that is the really long magnum action. I have to take my face off the stock to cycle the bolt, or I punch myself in the gob with it. The rest of it feels pretty great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My blog - Bear Left Guns

Rem 760 .30-06, Ruger Single Six, Remington Nylon 66

Good lord ALMIGHTY I need a recoil pad.
You thought it would be like a teddy bear punch? :lol:

Nice rifle but aught six is as big as I ever want to go if it ain't mounted to a tripod or vehicle! CAreful you don't develop a flinch.
'Sorry stupid people but there are some definite disadvantages to being stupid."

-John Cleese

BearLeft wrote:Good lord ALMIGHTY I need a recoil pad.
:lol: I'm wondering that about my new .30-06 and you're shooting .338 Win Mag? _MY_ shoulder would desert from my body if I tried to even lift such a rifle to shoot it! Well, not quite :roflmao:
Live like you will never die, love like you've never been hurt, dance
like no-one is watching.
Alex White