Re: First AR build!

senorgrand wrote:I was thinking a modified appliance box with a light fixture mounted up top and a curtained opening would be a smart idea.

Would need a fan too...or directed a/c vent! Hmmm.....
I just used a thin blade to hold it down while I installed the pivot. Worked great.

I used the razor blade on that part too.

It was that side latch. Launched it twice. Lost the spring only once though. That was the toughest step and it only took 5 min or so.

Put the hammer spring on wrong and had a devil of a time getting the hammer and trigger to disengage. That took about 10 min to clear up. :oops: But a pretty harmless beginner's mistake.

Overall though, it's a pretty easy build. I didn't even use a vice!

"Person, woman, man, camera, TV."

Let me know when you're ready for the part that actually goes bang, if you want to. :) Any luck on your Sterling mag well search? It might be easier if you liquidate the 9mm mags you have to get Colt/Uzi stick mags instead.
In a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich the chicken and cow are involved while the pig is committed.

senorgrand wrote:Can't liquidate...they are grandfathered pre-ban mags.
Ahhhh!

Ok, I'll start kicking over rocks to see if I can find a top-in magwell adapter for ya. :D
In a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich the chicken and cow are involved while the pig is committed.