Re: my sks doesn't fit...a range report

No idea the make, but here is a pic of the SKS.

The LOP is short(for me)...about 14.5". Getting down lower is almost impossible. It takes a good minute or two to find a cheekweld.

I'm leaning towards a folding stock. With the muzzle break already attached, the gun would be 30" folded, making it California legal.

"Person, woman, man, camera, TV."
Attachments
20141008_111720.jpg

Could someone measure the LOP of their wood-stock SKS? Butt to trigger...and please let me know how thick your buttpad is (if any).

I would really like an SKS with a wood stock and just noticed that there are rubber pads up to 2" long. That might be enough LOP for me.

I'm not sure I want to tacticool this SKS, as I already have an AR in the same caliber and it's going to outperform the sks. I might just end-up selling the thing, rather than sink more money modding it than it's worth.

Just thinking out loud.

"Person, woman, man, camera, TV."

Wood is good man. Go original before you decide to sell it. With that and the Monte Carlo, you'll probably be able to sell it for more than what you paid anyway if you decide you don't like it.

I'll measure mine here in a bit.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

I'll measure mine here in a bit.
Is that the one I tried to shoot and couldn't even get on the paper with?

I remember that one requiring more of a temple weld than a cheek weld. Even when I jammed down hard, the front sight looked like it was an inch above the rear dovetail.

.22LR - .380ACP - 9mm - .38Spl/.357Mag - .45ACP - 5.56NATO - .308Win - .45-70Gov - 12Ga
Join!

I don't think I brought my SKS out to any of the meets- just the VZ-58- which is similar in cheek weld. Definitely need to turkey neck a bit and get your alignment right. No problem for me, but I've been shooting it for a long, long time now.

11" back from the end of the receiver, and 2" down on a straight line from the top of the receiver.

“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou