My Zastava M48 is finally ready!

:yahoo:
After 4 long months of waiting with my FFL I was finally able to claim my M48. It shot way far to the right, so I had to get a sight adjustment for it, but I've been to the range since adjusting it, and its only inaccuracies are because of me now! :)

It's a bad picture, but I don't have a camera or a phone with a nice camera. I am a first time gun owner!

Re: My Zastava M48 is finally ready!

No image, but congrats anyway. I have a m48 as does Viking, and maybe a few others. Great rifles and accurate, too. I've never heard of any problems with windage being out like that.
Does yours have the sight hood? If not, it may have just gotten dinged from handling. Happened to my Swede Mauser, but it was an easy fix.
Hell is where:
The British are the chefs
The Swiss are the lovers
The French are the mechanics
The Italians make everything run on time
And the Germans are the police

beaurrr wrote:No image, but congrats anyway. I have a m48 as does Viking, and maybe a few others. Great rifles and accurate, too. I've never heard of any problems with windage being out like that.
Does yours have the sight hood? If not, it may have just gotten dinged from handling. Happened to my Swede Mauser, but it was an easy fix.
:beer2:

Welcome to the Club :D

I love mine but it was also true to aim from the get go. Judging by the condition, it was probably test fired at the factory, cleaned and then dunked in Cosmo. Not a single wear mark apart from a couple of small dings on the stock, probably from being moved around at the arsenal.

I was in a rush to post before I left somewhere else, so thanks to the sleuth(s) who remedied my goof!

Notch and post sights are pretty tough to use, especially since I accidentally got really dark backing and targets, not thinking about how easy it would be to line the sights up. I imagine, though, that it's something you get used to and start automatically lining them up in the right way after a while.
beaurrr wrote:No image, but congrats anyway. I have a m48 as does Viking, and maybe a few others. Great rifles and accurate, too. I've never heard of any problems with windage being out like that.
After adjusting the sight and looking down the barrel when it was adjusted and pre-adjustment (pre adjustment was pretty clearly not centered around the barrel), I do think it's likely that somebody smacked the front sight against something before the rifle came to me. There's no gunsmiths around where I'm living the next few months it seems, but I might take it by a gunsmith when I rotate back to living near one. I have a severe lack of basic gun equipment, and I won't have the space to fit any more in my car, so there's not much I can do but adjust the windage.

A milsurp for a first gun I think has helped me learn a lot about rifles and how to maintain and adjust them. More so than if I got a nice shiny new one off the rack.

An obvious but important tip; don't delay swabbing out the bore after shooting surplus ammo. You only get one chance at a pristine bore.
You may now return to your previously scheduled rapture. :thanks:
Hell is where:
The British are the chefs
The Swiss are the lovers
The French are the mechanics
The Italians make everything run on time
And the Germans are the police

I haven't gotten any military surplus ammo, I wanted to try some of the lower pressure PPU rounds first, just to get used to the feel and not have to deal with corrosive ammo. I'm getting pretty used to it, I got a 1 inch group at 50 yards when I took it out to the range today. I'm improving my aim faster than I thought I would! The noticeable improvement is definitely making me more satisfied with my purchase than I already was!

I think I'll be in hunting shape in no time :evo: