Re: Damn you so much, Gunbroker!

judgepacker wrote:I hope to hell you were sober so I can really, really laugh!
(still haven't shot my Mk23).
Sober as a nun... Was bidding on a Gewehr 88 and was outbid at the last moment so I thought "fuck it, what else does this guy have for sale?"

I saw the Type 99 about to end, looked over the photos and description real quick and bid $140 even - and won... With shipping, tax (the seller is in Texas like me) and transfer fee, I should be below $200 total. Hell of a deal IMHO, hard to find even a Mosin at that price anymore. The condition looks pretty good too.

i don't usually GB, but late last night i happened upon a 59 sharps carbine, minus rear sight and breech block. not sure but either the real thing or a high end repro, with pellet primer feeder. 1 bid, ~26 hrs to go, $499. :w00t:
fortunately, this morning it was gone. phew, that was close
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

TheViking wrote:
Sober as a nun... Was bidding on a Gewehr 88 and was outbid at the last moment so I thought "fuck it, what else does this guy have for sale?"

I saw the Type 99 about to end, looked over the photos and description real quick and bid $140 even - and won... With shipping, tax (the seller is in Texas like me) and transfer fee, I should be below $200 total. Hell of a deal IMHO, hard to find even a Mosin at that price anymore. The condition looks pretty good too.
That is a good deal. He have any more? :)

Inquisitor wrote:
TheViking wrote:

That is a good deal. He have any more? :)
No, the only old battle rifles left right now are a sporterized (shudder) Schmidt-Rubin 11 and a 1898 Krag carbine.

TheViking wrote:
Inquisitor wrote:An Arisaka and a German Army bolt gun (hopefull CA 1943) are on my collecting short list.
I have a long term list of a battle rifle from each of the major powers in WW2 :)
There ya go. ;)

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack