Small number of M-1 Carbines for sale at the CMP

Yes, you can use your LGC membership if you want one. If you have lapsed, it's a great time to renew!

:smart:
http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sales/m1-carbine/

Monday, February 1, we will begin accepting orders for a limited number of M1 Carbines for mail order. Two grades will be available, Service and Field. They include the following manufacturers; Inland, Winchester, IBM, Quality Hardware, Saginaw, Standard Product and Underwood. The manufacturer you receive will be luck of the draw, please no requests.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

CMP limited number of M-1 Carbines for sale on Feb 1.

Monday, February 1, we will begin accepting orders for a limited number of M1 Carbines for mail order. Two grades will be available, Service and Field. They include the following manufacturers; Inland, Winchester, IBM, Quality Hardware, Saginaw, Standard Product and Underwood. The manufacturer you receive will be luck of the draw, please no requests. Each customer is limited to one total Carbine this year. You will not be allowed to purchase both a Service and Field Grade. You may put down your first choice and second choice.

We DO NOT time stamp orders, we only date stamp them. All orders received the same day are put in one basket. Please do not call about your order. If information is needed for your order, our sales department will contact you. Be sure to complete the checklist for the order before you send it in. http://myemail.constantcontact.com/CMP- ... ls0q3Y7yvE
Service grade $685.

Field grade $625

For those of you who are new the Liberal Gun Club is a qualifying organization to purchase from the CMP.

Re: CMP limited number of M-1 Carbines for sale on Feb 1.

bigstones wrote:
Monday, February 1, we will begin accepting orders for a limited number of M1 Carbines for mail order. Two grades will be available, Service and Field. They include the following manufacturers; Inland, Winchester, IBM, Quality Hardware, Saginaw, Standard Product and Underwood. The manufacturer you receive will be luck of the draw, please no requests. Each customer is limited to one total Carbine this year. You will not be allowed to purchase both a Service and Field Grade. You may put down your first choice and second choice.

We DO NOT time stamp orders, we only date stamp them. All orders received the same day are put in one basket. Please do not call about your order. If information is needed for your order, our sales department will contact you. Be sure to complete the checklist for the order before you send it in. http://myemail.constantcontact.com/CMP- ... ls0q3Y7yvE
Service grade $685.

Field grade $625

For those of you who are new the Liberal Gun Club is a qualifying organization to purchase from the CMP.
Merged.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

Re: Small number of M-1 Carbines for sale at the CMP

shinzen wrote:Heh. I'll probably kick myself for not getting one. But hopefully one of you two will let me shoot a few rounds. I'm saving up for an O/U
I was looking hard at O/Us a few years ago when I thought I might start shooting trap regularly. I kinda had the hots for a Browning Citori in the $3000 range, but the urge passed. Those things are pricey!
"To initiate a war of aggression...is the supreme international crime" - Nuremberg prosecutor Robert Jackson, 1946

Elmo wrote:
shinzen wrote:Heh. I'll probably kick myself for not getting one. But hopefully one of you two will let me shoot a few rounds. I'm saving up for an O/U
I was looking hard at O/Us a few years ago when I thought I might start shooting trap regularly. I kinda had the hots for a Browning Citori in the $3000 range, but the urge passed. Those things are pricey!
Speaking of Over/Unders...what do you guys think of this one?

https://www.reddit.com/r/HoustonGuns/co ... d_federal/

Everything is bigger in Texas
Texas LTC Holder
Postal Match Winner: 2017 Q1 Rimfire, 7 Yd Division, Glass, S&W Victory 22

Catalyst wrote:
pdoggeth wrote:Paperwork sent!
Hey already accepting applications? I thought it was Monday Feb 1st? Oh I see you snail mailed.
I called them today to see if "early" applications would be accepted, or does it have to like timestamped to be sent after Feb 1. They said early is ok, they'll process them in the order they receive it starting Feb 1 Monday. They also said that this weekend they'll be getting a buttload of order forms as well =X. Well, I'll see how it goes. I hate having yet another caliber I have to get ammo for, but you know what? This is history, err, refurbished a bit, but still history! Since it's for history's sake, I'll take a leap!

Catalyst wrote:
Elmo wrote:

Looks like a Turkish made- that's where the CZ and Mossberg O/U shotguns are coming from. The purists hate them, the people that own them largely have good things to say from what I've read.

I'm looking well under the 3k market. More like the CZ Premier or Wingshooter. Under $900. Still weighing the Mossberg, but hit or miss reviews and I like CZ in general, so.......
- Maya Angelou

pdoggeth wrote: I called them today to see if "early" applications would be accepted, or does it have to like timestamped to be sent after Feb 1. They said early is ok, they'll process them in the order they receive it starting Feb 1 Monday. They also said that this weekend they'll be getting a buttload of order forms as well =X. Well, I'll see how it goes. I hate having yet another caliber I have to get ammo for, but you know what? This is history, err, refurbished a bit, but still history! Since it's for history's sake, I'll take a leap!
That's great news. I overnighted my form yesterday and they got it this morning. Been wanting one of these for long time.
Hell is where:
The British are the chefs
The Swiss are the lovers
The French are the mechanics
The Italians make everything run on time
And the Germans are the police

Catalyst wrote:
Elmo wrote:

Yeah, Turkish, some pretty good firearms value coming from that country lately. Might be worth a try at $375. Definitely DON'T pay $50 for the 100 rounds of target shells, they're only worth half that.
"To initiate a war of aggression...is the supreme international crime" - Nuremberg prosecutor Robert Jackson, 1946