Speaking of lever guns- Rossi 357 big loop

I recent reaquired my marlin 3030 back, but that wasn't doing it for me, so the guy got it back(again) because I found this:

Carbine, big loop, 357 mag, which means I can shoot it at my fancy Pistol only range.

Sighted it in, everything looked good.

Rapid fire, off hand, 50 ft. I started to get a barrel rise but I wasn't sure I cared, emptied the mag like the rifleman and put them all more or less in the right place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Re: Speaking of lever guns- Rossi 357 big loop

If at all concerned about the Rossi '92 build quality, just treat it as a "gun kit". There ain't nutt'n wrong about it that a hand file and polishing stone can't fix. Enough "how-to" articles on the web to explain exactly how to address every conceivable issue. I've really enjoyed my older 20" barrel version and had fun polishing the innards for flawless feeding from both .38 and .357 cartridges.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Yay, happy to see fans of Rossi here. As my signature attests im a big fan of them, and i agree completely, they shoot great and for the price an 80% gun is good enough and can be made to shoot very well and smoothly with just a little time or money (StevesGunz im looking at you)

Where we diverge though is that damn large loop. Ive small hands and in my Ranch Hand (for sale!) I could shoot it wearing boxing gloves. Unless you live in thr Yukon and are gonna be wearing Hugh Jazz brand gloves (or are half lummox) the regular loop would probably be a better fit
No thin chicks
Owned: Rossi M92 20" Round .357; Rossi Ranch Hand .357, Chiappa Rhino 200DS .357, Rossi M92 24" Octagon .44
(Owned by Wifey: Rossi M92 16" Round .357, Chiappa Rhino 200DS .357)
Wish List: Taurus Raging Bull 4" .44

GRV01 wrote:Yay, happy to see fans of Rossi here. As my signature attests im a big fan of them, and i agree completely, they shoot great and for the price an 80% gun is good enough and can be made to shoot very well and smoothly with just a little time or money (StevesGunz im looking at you)

Where we diverge though is that damn large loop. Ive small hands and in my Ranch Hand (for sale!) I could shoot it wearing boxing gloves. Unless you live in thr Yukon and are gonna be wearing Hugh Jazz brand gloves (or are half lummox) the regular loop would probably be a better fit
The loop is growing on me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Simmer down wrote:I read good and bad about lever actions from Rossi, Puma, Braztech, etc. and how some need some finishing out.
How does yours do in the Chamber- Eject Dept? Any hiccups?
I am very pleased with mine. I did get a metal follower to replace the plastic one in the ammo tube. And a fiber optic front sight. As far as feeding goes, 38s run fine, but the longer 357 frequently needs to be coddled a bit.

This is a great gun to shoot. Bud's used to have an automated metal plate range. Five plates could be programmed to pop up at random for 2-3 seconds. For a brief moment in time, I was sitting on the stage coach, fending off a band of outlaws. It was glorious.
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

Hiker wrote:
Simmer down wrote:I read good and bad about lever actions from Rossi, Puma, Braztech, etc. and how some need some finishing out.
How does yours do in the Chamber- Eject Dept? Any hiccups?
I am very pleased with mine. I did get a metal follower to replace the plastic one in the ammo tube. And a fiber optic front sight. As far as feeding goes, 38s run fine, but the longer 357 frequently needs to be coddled a bit.

This is a great gun to shoot. Bud's used to have an automated metal plate range. Five plates could be programmed to pop up at random for 2-3 seconds. For a brief moment in time, I was sitting on the stage coach, fending off a band of outlaws. It was glorious.
I ran it again with some cheap blazer 38s, aluminum cases. It didnt like those very much.

CDFingers wrote:Make sure to clean the chamber well before you shoot .357's, as the soot may cause a case to break apart under ejection. Then that little brass cylinder (size of the length of .38 vs .357) has to be extracted.

CDFingers
Great suggestion. Thanks
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

Hiker wrote:
CDFingers wrote:Make sure to clean the chamber well before you shoot .357's, as the soot may cause a case to break apart under ejection. Then that little brass cylinder (size of the length of .38 vs .357) has to be extracted.

CDFingers
Great suggestion. Thanks
I've though about getting a Rossi Lever gun. Most gun shops tell me they don't carry them because they have too many warranty issues. But I'm starting to think it's just because they want to sell lever actions with a bigger profit margin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Part of me wishes I had a Winchester or a Henry. But I could afford a Rossi, and to be honest, it gets the job done. But when I hit the big lotto, I'll have quite a collection of lever guns.