Gun stock oil dyes, paints , etc... For CD fingers

Here is a just finished stock I played around with artist oils mixed in with tru oil.

I used a tranpaent mix of Windsor Newton burnt umber for the darker areas, and a lighter transparent mix with raw sienna for lighter and ray areas. Followed by a couple applications of straight tru oil, then wet sanded with 1500 and followed with a couple coats of over reduced urethane automotive clear. In a couple days I will wet sand the clear to give it more satin, or matted look to cut the shine back.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk
This is just my opinion, yours may vary and is no less valid.
- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more

Re: Gun stock oil dyes, paints , etc... For CD fingers

I changed things. I did some test and found I preferred sanding to 600, then hand buff with Mcquiers Mirroe Glaze, and man are my hands cramped, shoulders sore and arms tired. They call it Machine Compound for a reason.
Followed with a coat of Johnsons Paste furniture wax and its where I want it to be. Next step is re-install rifle , mount scope and go shoot it. Brno j.e.gebby 22-250

- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more

Re: Gun stock oil dyes, paints , etc... For CD fingers

If I were to do more stocks, or make more guitars, I would get these for sure. Hand buffing sucks..lol http://www.stewmac.com/Luthier_Tools/To ... C_20170403

- Me -

-Me-

I must proof read more