Re: What is your hardest kicking rifle?

Currently it's a Weatherby Mark V in .30-06, but with the weight and butt pad it's very manageable. Used to have a Ruger M77 that had a lot more "feeling."
Simmer down wrote:I was trying out upper end loads for a Marlin lever action 45-70. I don't recall the powder but I used 405g soft tipped. Dead on with open sights at 50 yards but I actually feared detaching a retina or two and stopped at three shots. I only thought I knew recoil before that experience. :see_stars:
I shot this model belonging to a friend with maxed-out handloads. Brutal.
I dearly love the state of Texas, but I consider that a harmless perversion on my part, and discuss it only with consenting adults. --Molly Ivins

if they give you lined paper, write sideways.--Juan Ramon Jimenez

Marlene wrote:
shinzen wrote:And I just put a bid in on it. :laugh:
Is that a 458 built on a fucking small ring action that many think was marginal for 308???!!!!????!!!
Model 43 is the FR8, K98 style Large Ring action. Rumors of soft Spanish steel abound however on the earlier small ring stuff. I'm below minimum anyway, I'm not paying a premium price for a sporterized Mauser
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

shinzen wrote:
Marlene wrote:
shinzen wrote:And I just put a bid in on it. :laugh:
Is that a 458 built on a fucking small ring action that many think was marginal for 308???!!!!????!!!
Model 43 is the FR8, K98 style Large Ring action. Rumors of soft Spanish steel abound however on the earlier small ring stuff. I'm below minimum anyway, I'm not paying a premium price for a sporterized Mauser
OK. Whew! I dunno the Spanish models at all besides the 93. A nice Mauser sporter can be a very nice rifle.