Re: To paraphrase John Coltrane

No. I once happened to meet Elmer at John Amber's farm. He was a decent guy, unlike Jeff Cooper who was a miserable asshole, but not real sharp. At the time he was a little younger than I am now, but still a good shot. I wasn't impressed by him to the point that I wanted to own one of his rifles.
This is a deluxe Winchester Low Wall in .22 WCF. I particularly like this one because it was ordered with a 24" No 1 barrel. In a typical gun manufacturer economy move Winchester simply used a .22 LR barrel which meant it could be shot with 22 Hornet ammo.

This Sabatti 45-70 double rifle is far from my my prettiest double, but it is definitely one of my favorites. These were imported by Cabella who tried to get a low priced rifle. The most expensive step in making a double rifle is the long, slow process of trying to regulate the barrels to shoot to approximately the same point of aim. Cabella did this by grinding the muzzles on the side they wanted the bullet to shoot toward. This worked, but the result was unsightly. I looked at 1 of them in my local store.until I found one with no grinding. It turned out to be the most accurate one I own.

I just picked up this 22 Hornet Walther KKJ It is a very unusual example in that it has a stock with very nice figure.

I particularly like that it still has its original Heinsoldt 4X scope. Even better, it has claw mounts that slide on the dovetail.

This rifle was imported from Sweden. Can anyone tell me if this hammer symbol <?> on the barrel is Swedish?