Which 6.5mm Creedmoor bolt action rifle should I get?

OK folks, I have been studying 6.5 Creedmoor for some time now. I'm convinced, it's the caliber for me. Question is which rifle. I want to get the best I can for under 1K. I am not using it for hunting, seeing as I have been a vegetarian for almost 44 years. It would be more for fun, and in an emergency management situation, as a 'reach out and touch someone' gun.

I am looking for something that looks like an everyday deer rifle. I don't want anything that looks scary to the 'anti-gun' folks. And while I am not trying to hit a prairie dog at one mile, I would like to be able to shoot as far as I can, so your average 100 yard deer rifle is NOT what I am looking for.

So far, salesmen have told me the following:
"Rugers are really great."
"Rugers have had some accuracy problems."
"Bergaras are great."
"Some rifles have to cool down after firing one shot to maintain accuracy."
"Kimbers are great"

I don't know that much about what to look for. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

Re: Which 6.5mm Creedmoor bolt action rifle should I get?

senorgrand wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:50 pm Bench or off-hand shooting?
Thanks, I hadn't really considered that. I would practice both. I would also practice prone, and using various things for support, like car hoods, tree trunks, etc.
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

Re: Which 6.5mm Creedmoor bolt action rifle should I get?

The concept of decent glass is highly subjective...lots of folks think you need to spend $1000 to get good glass and you probably do *but* I'm running a Vortex Crossfire II 6-24X50 scope and it looks pretty dnag good and tracks perfectly. I paid $250 for it (new) by finding it at Walmart and the local Field and Stream/Dicks price matched it.

Savage 10 FCP-SR for $500 with rebate and a $250 scope and I was shooting out to 300 yards sub MOA for way under a Grand.

Liked the gun so much I kept building and added bipod, tactical chassis, etc. There's a lot of gun out there for $1000 now.

VooDoo
Tyrants disarm the people they intend to oppress.

I am sworn to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.