Opinion on Sig M400 Elite

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/sigm400-elite.html

I am getting the itch for another AR. Prices have dropped again.

The price has dropped to below $780 OTD ($751 plus FFL fee, free shipping). It looks to me like the same price as a tricked-out major-brand entry-level AR. I know it isn't a Colt, but it is still a nice looking Sig Sauer, and a good price with nice furniture.

I cannot find one review that says it isn't worth that price, and most reviews are positive recommendations at $1000+.

Opinions?
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Re: Opinion on Sig M400 Elite

I think it is something like the "Saint" AR. Entry level (basic) AR with nice furniture, quality name, and some extras that would cost a lot more to add on. The MSRP was 1200, and it has been selling for $1000+ for years. Even if I don't like it or get bored with it, I assume the brand name itself would allow it to hold value.

I haven't had a Sig I didn't like, so brand loyalty is part of my reason for buying it. I happened to have been saving for something nice on Black Friday, but the elections might cause prices to jump.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

The only "bad" review says it is overpriced at 1200. I really don't know if I could build something with all those little extras any cheaper than $750.

I needed some enablers to encourage me, so I asked y'all first.

:thanks:

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Well, I haven't had a problem with any of my Sigs. I haven't heard a bad thing about bad QC for the M400 (it isn't a P365). I'll let you know how it goes!

Takin' the plunge.....

:dance: :dance2: :punk: :beer2: :yahoo:

- Franklin D. Roosevelt