james river bm-59s at midwayusa

came across this while ordering loading gear
always kinda wanted one of these, halfway between a garand and m14. beretta made these after nato went .308. US navy tried something like this with a chamber insert.
and here they are: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/94540 ... wood-stock
that would be quite the beauty if you took some of the junk off the front. want, but not $1200 worth. someone buy this so i can live vicariously.

was a time, had i come across a garand cheap enough and rough enough to risk cutting on it, was gonna try to stuff a BAR mag on it. that, at least would have still been 30-06. alas, i lack the skills, fortunately i know it. still have the BAR mag.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

Re: james river bm-59s at midwayusa

I have the JRA M-14 and its a nice rifle, judging by the compliments that I got from the FFL and the guys from the M-14 forum I ran into at my shooting range other people think so too. I am curious how the quality of the BM-59s are since they're a mix of surplus and new. Been trying to get a friend of mine to buy one for a while so I can play with it.

lurker wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:38 am came across this while ordering loading gear
always kinda wanted one of these, halfway between a garand and m14. beretta made these after nato went .308. US navy tried something like this with a chamber insert.
and here they are: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/94540 ... wood-stock
that would be quite the beauty if you took some of the junk off the front. want, but not $1200 worth. someone buy this so i can live vicariously.

was a time, had i come across a garand cheap enough and rough enough to risk cutting on it, was gonna try to stuff a BAR mag on it. that, at least would have still been 30-06. alas, i lack the skills, fortunately i know it. still have the BAR mag.
Just noticed that it has a "grenade launcher"...another California no-no.

Yeah, I don't think they're overpriced really. About the same as a Springfield M1A, which is really what this is more or less. Less expensive than some versions of the M1A in fact. Sharp looking wood too. But yeah, with that grenade launcher it's no bueno in CA. I think
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou