ColorFAL #1 Homebrew rifle

Sorry guys, but black & mouse grey just doesn't do it for me anymore, so...

Done in RAL 8000 & Patriot Brown Ceracoat. Built on an old Coonan type 1 with metric mutt parts.

Mr. Flypaper fondle bits of English Walnut, Tung oil over Jacobian stain. The tiger stripe figure is really pretty, everything was sawn from a single piece of wood.

I did lot of work, involving special tools to get here. Only the Ceracoat finish was farmed out.

Overall it is good, shoots just fine, just the buttpad fit needs some more work.

Otherwise she looks much better in person than on the hood of our old Mercedes. :laugh:

Gotta' love "The free world's right arm".
DSC01649.JPG
DSC01646.JPG
DSC01647.JPG
S u b R o s a
"Oozing charm from every pore, he oiled his way around the floor."

Re: ColorFAL #1 Homebrew rifle

Wow, Sub, that came out very, very pretty. Too pretty for a FAL! You can tie its sling onto the bumper of your Mercedes and take a drive up and down your gravel roadway to add that authentic “S. African” look to the finish.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Bisbee wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 12:34 am Wow, Sub, that came out very, very pretty. Too pretty for a FAL! You can tie its sling onto the bumper of your Mercedes and take a drive up and down your gravel roadway to add that authentic “S. African” look to the finish.
Time & dust alone out here in the desert will give it some panache, won't need to drag it around. :laugh:

SR
:thanks:

Well folks, the combination just didn't gel with me after a week or so. :(

I pulled the pretty English Walnut and went with a set of Argentine plastic, added the bipod and augmented the RAL8000 with a bit of Dark Forest Green.

The wood is going on another FAL this week. It now hits the spot! :thumbup:

The pix were shot here at the Radio Ranch, try and find it in the landscape...

S u b R o s a
DSC01661.JPG
DSC01662.JPG
DSC01663 (2).JPG

There you go! Now it’s ready for that trip behind the Mercedes.

Be careful though, don’t drop that rifle in yer backyard or you might never find it again.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi