Valuing an AR-15

I am constantly re-evaluating my herd of guns and culling the uninteresting. Recently it occurred to me that, while I do like my Piston, almost side charger, 6.5 Grendel AR-15 I don't really love it. Especially in light that I'm building a creedmoor AR-10 (I don't have a problem damnit). In light of that I'm considering letting it go. But then that leads me to the reason for this post. How does one even assign value to something like an AR-15? Especially a custom built from parts one.

Obviously nobody is going to want to pay the price I paid for the parts new, but is there a standard like "Take 60% of what you paid and add all the parts up?" Ask 20 people what they would pay and take the average? Start a new topic on a forum and just ask?

Any thoughts?

Re: Valuing an AR-15

Wait until the next panic pricing and sell for what the market will give you. A panic will happen again when a Dem POTUS is in office - regardless of facts.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Any of mine that I find uninteresting are pretty worthless right now in the marketplace. I bought them long ago and they were inexpensive.

That reminds me that I need to shoot some of them and get reacquainted. I have been bargain shopping the past year, so they haven't been getting attention.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Definitely not a great time to be selling, especially an AR.

What Grendel barrel and BCG do you have? Are piston barrels/BCGs different? Maybe some idiot (me) would be interested in some of the upper parts. Then you could re-purpose the lower. Not that you have a problem.

I guess I'm well aware that the market is down for AR's at the moment. I was looking at this more along the lines of "Today you will get 60% of the market value of your AR, on November 4th if Random Democrat wins it will be worth 110% of market value," the questions isn't the known fact around the variation based on panic buying, but how does one guesstimate the market value.

My one question would be, how much have you shot it? If the round count is low or very low, I'd have a hard time selling it for less than 8o%. But that's just me.
If I really wanted to sell it and couldn't get that for it; then featureless and K9's idea of it being worth more as parts, is a possibility, but would also require more time invested.
As far as the election is concerned, it might be worth more one way, but the other way is too pain full to even contemplate.
To establish market values, I been using gunbroker's finished auction search to establish the average selling price of certain guns.
"it's a goddamn impossible way of life"
"And so it goes"