F*ck It Friday Range Report

The last few weeks, I've been working on a YUGE project that finished-up yesterday.

Time for a range day!

I shot 43 rounds of 357 and about another 100 38 +p out of my 627. Man, I love that gun. My shooting sucked though (it's been awhile since I shot my handguns).

I also shot about 50 rounds of 38 +p out of my little 386. The trigger doesn't compare to the 327, but I was able to keep in the 8 ring at the 10 yard line, which ain't bad given this is really a super-snubbie.

I then went over to rifle and shot my AR using the 22 conversion. Shot about 200 rounds and had 1 FTF. Still faired better than the guy next door...his 10/22 magazine exploded after using some way-too-hot Tula bulk. Stay away from that shit kids.

I shot mostly off-hand at 25 yards. Man, I need some work! I also need to put a 2-pt sling on this beastie.

When I was leaving, I found a small treasure in the trash, which I took home. I'm guessing 1960s vintage.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work. ;)

"Person, woman, man, camera, TV."

Re: F*ck It Friday Range Report

I thought about going today and checking out the new trigger and changes to my P320 but didn't make it out of the house again. I'll try to go Sunday, but it gets busy on weekends.

When my son and I rented a Colt AR-15 in 9mm, it double-fired twice on him. Scared the crap out of him and he flatly (and, IMHO, wisely) refused to shoot it again. I didn't have that problem and found it very accurate and easy to shoot. Guns that fire when you don't intend them to are truly dangerous.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

YankeeTarheel wrote:I thought about going today and checking out the new trigger and changes to my P320 but didn't make it out of the house again. I'll try to go Sunday, but it gets busy on weekends.

When my son and I rented a Colt AR-15 in 9mm, it double-fired twice on him. Scared the crap out of him and he flatly (and, IMHO, wisely) refused to shoot it again. I didn't have that problem and found it very accurate and easy to shoot. Guns that fire when you don't intend them to are truly dangerous.
Yeah, I generally feel that way too. I'd like to figure out how it happened.

"Person, woman, man, camera, TV."

In my experience it happens by squeezing the trigger until it trips and then trying to hold there. The antidote is to squeeze through to the end of travel, and only release to reset when you're ready to fire again. It makes the next shot a two step process; release to reset and then squeeze to sear release. This may require unlearning some habits...
"In every generation there are those who want to rule well - but they mean to rule. They promise to be good masters - but they mean to be masters." — Daniel Webster