Re: Cleese on "Snowflakes"

Great post!

The original "Women's March" was the largest demonstration in history. Seems like the blizzard started in January 2017. Can it last through 2020? I think it can.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

K9s wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:42 pm Great post!

The original "Women's March" was the largest demonstration in history. Seems like the blizzard started in January 2017. Can it last through 2020? I think it can.
It depends on whether the Ds can remember that the electoral college is a thing, and all their "IT'S NOT FAIR!!!" foot-stamping will not make it go away. Running up the score on the West Coast and in the Northeast will not help them. They need to appeal to at least SOME white people in fly-over country to win the WH.

A full-throated 24/7/365 campaign to save Social Security and Medicaid from the Rs' predictable plan of engineering a huge deficit then attacking government benefits might be a good start. That and paying fucking foot-soldiers to go out and register voters, instead of whatever it was they spend over a billion on in 2016.
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

A full-throated 24/7/365 campaign to save Social Security and Medicaid from the Rs' predictable plan of engineering a huge deficit then attacking government benefits might be a good start. That and paying fucking foot-soldiers to go out and register voters, instead of whatever it was they spend over a billion on in 2016.
They ignored the key states and spent their time and money on traditional red states. They campaigned on trump having a potty mouth. It might have worked if they had made promises to cut taxes and social services to pay for it.

eelj wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:49 am It might have worked if they had made promises to cut taxes and social services to pay for it.
Wait a minute, you're saying the *Democrats* should run on cutting taxes and slashing benefits??? :shock:
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

Buck13 wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:08 pm
eelj wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:49 am It might have worked if they had made promises to cut taxes and social services to pay for it.
Wait a minute, you're saying the *Democrats* should run on cutting taxes and slashing benefits??? :shock:
Yeah, that threw me off, too.

Reps cut taxes to balloon the deficit so they could run on "Dems will raise your taxes!" for the next decade. Reps were never meant to govern - they only tear things down. Look how great things are going with them in charge!
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt