Judge Blocks Trump Administration from Deporting Asylum Seekers

Also may hold sessions in contempt of court.
A federal judge in Washington on Thursday threatened to hold Attorney General Jeff Sessions in contempt after the Trump Administration tried to deport a woman and her daughter during their deportation proceedings, the Washington Postreports.

U.S. District Court Judge Emmet G. Sullivan called the government’s effort “pretty outrageous” as he halted the deportation that was apparently already in progress.

The woman, “Carmen,” is being represented by the American Civil Liberties Union in a court case challenging the Trump administration’s decision to bar domestic and gang violence victims from seeking asylum in the U.S.

According to the Post, attorneys for Carmen learned “during a brief recess” in court that the woman and her daughter had been removed from a family detention center and were heading for an airport in San Antonio.

As the Post reports, Judge Sullivan ordered the government to “turn the plane around.”

“That someone seeking justice in U.S. court is spirited away while her attorneys are arguing for justice for her?” the judge asked. “I’m not happy about this at all. This is not acceptable.”
https://www.alternet.org/not-acceptable ... atens-hold

That takes some really big cojones to do what they attempted with a federal district judge involved.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Re: Judge Blocks Trump Administration from Deporting Asylum Seekers

hondo2K0 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:30 pm The Judge asked why he shouldn't keep Seasons in contempt according to the ACLU lawyer, so no threats were made. The judge acted as original deal was no deportation for those asylum seekers till Thursday night so they returning them back to the USA , then after their request is rejected they are going back to El Salvador.
Do you actually understand the issue? That the Justice Dept decided to pre-empt the Court and the legal process and our ENTIRE legal system and deport these people without a proper legal hearing, in violation of OUR laws?

Whether or not their appeal is accepted or denied IS NOT THE ISSUE! It's about the rule of whims of the White House and AG to VIOLATE and circumvent the rules of the Asylum Law, versus obeying the rule of law generally. (and don't try the "What about....?" red herring, please!)

Otherwise, why bother actually trying Manafort when it's clear he's guilty as hell and WILL go to prison if not in this Federal trial, then in the next Federal trial, and, if not there, then in the New York State trial, where Trump cannot pardon him?
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

hondo2K0 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:35 pm I understand the issue but yt you are nice idealistic guy who does not understand that us government is prone to breaking laws,rules and regulations so this is nothing new
Do you know for example which employer in the us is known as the most discriminating against employees?
Hint is in the first paragraph second sentence
I have no idea WTF you're talking about, and, quite frankly, it's hard to care about the red herring you're tossing out to try to cloud the issue.

I'm 63 and have followed politics since I was 9 years old and that means I know full-well government breaks all kinds of rules, laws and regulations, but usually isn't so blatant and fascistic about it. And it doesn't make it right.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

hondo2K0 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:16 pm Exactly my point you have no clue.

It is not a new issue or more precise it is the same crap different day. The Govt. was always blatant only now you seen it some 0,0001% of it.
That's right. I'm just a stupid libtard in your fact-free "humble" opinion. :sarcasm:

Why are you at the LIBERAL Gun Club, again?