Beretta PX4 Storm .45

Beretta PX4 Storm .45 ACP

First thing I'd like to say is the overall feel and look of this firearm is exactly what it looks like. State of the art looks and feel with smoothe egronomics with a solid feel and the most advanced recoil system today. It's a dream shooter with a futuristic look and a head turning accuracy rate per ammo, no matter what you run thru it. The inovative rotating barrel locking lug system is noticably accurate due to it's reduction in recoil and solid line up upon firing. OK, now for the specs.

There are three Storm pistols, the full size, compact, and subcompact. The pistols are each available in 9mm, 40 Cal, and .45 ACP. All are intended for home defense, self defense, military, and law enforcement applications.

Mine is the Type F model with decocker-firing pin block, Double/single action. It comes in a C model as well which is a constent double action with a shorter and lighter trigger pull and no external safety or decocking lever. The Storm comes with an ambidextrous safety and a mag release button that can be changed to left or right hand position. I'm a lefty and I love this option. It comes with a set of extra backstraps for large hands, but I have large hands and it's still comfortable without the change. Comes with 2 mags, a 9 and 10 round. The sights are fixed 3 dot. One of my favorite features is the egronomic slide release that is thumb easy even for me being a lefty. It has a picatinny accessory rail for your favorite laser or light. Field stripping is a breeze. Just pull down on the two "one on each side" tabs fore the trigger guard and the slide, barrel and spring assembly slides right off. You'll find it easy and fast to disassemble and re-assemble when cleaning. For a tupperware gun, it's fabulous! It's a quality firearm at an affordable 650 range without the sacrifice of good looks and feel.

You can tell I use Drylube and that I haven't cleaned this baby in a while. Sorry...

Keep Bow Tight ~Sitting Bull
http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/90682-i ... ooks-ahead

Re: Beretta PX4 Storm .45

The PX4's are beautiful guns. I've got this same model, same caliber, and it's the finest handgun I own. I've had mine about three or four years now but it's only seen light use. That's partly due to ammo costs and also the move towards smaller guns on my part. But having sourced cheap ammo locally (I'm close enough to AIM to pickup), I'm dusting mine off again. They are nice shooters indeed.

One of the appeals to me about more expensive guns is they run great out of the box w/o upgrades to springs and other adjustments. Still there's a couple of upgrades for this gun I'd like. I'm looking to upgrade the recoil spring to the SD version which I'm pretty sure fits. The SD version is a dual recoil spring and being heavier will better handle +P ammo which I'd like to use when I'm in bear country. Brownells carries them. PX4 shooters over at berettaforum.net like Bedair's steel guide rods.

http://guiderod.com/
"Kill the white people" ~ Tyrone Green (Eddie Murphy)

troutkiller wrote:The PX4's are beautiful guns. I've got this same model, same caliber, and it's the finest handgun I own. I've had mine about three or four years now but it's only seen light use. That's partly due to ammo costs and also the move towards smaller guns on my part. But having sourced cheap ammo locally (I'm close enough to AIM to pickup), I'm dusting mine off again. They are nice shooters indeed.

One of the appeals to me about more expensive guns is they run great out of the box w/o upgrades to springs and other adjustments. Still there's a couple of upgrades for this gun I'd like. I'm looking to upgrade the recoil spring to the SD version which I'm pretty sure fits. The SD version is a dual recoil spring and being heavier will better handle +P ammo which I'd like to use when I'm in bear country. Brownells carries them. PX4 shooters over at berettaforum.net like Bedair's steel guide rods.

Close to Aim? I'm jealous. Yeah, if I was a little richer mine would be not so lightly used as well.
Keep Bow Tight ~Sitting Bull
http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/90682-i ... ooks-ahead

ShootingBull wrote:
troutkiller wrote:The PX4's are beautiful guns. I've got this same model, same caliber, and it's the finest handgun I own. I've had mine about three or four years now but it's only seen light use. That's partly due to ammo costs and also the move towards smaller guns on my part. But having sourced cheap ammo locally (I'm close enough to AIM to pickup), I'm dusting mine off again. They are nice shooters indeed.

Close to Aim? I'm jealous. Yeah, if I was a little richer mine would be not so lightly used as well.
My post should've read cheaper, not cheap. Federal's 100-packs at Wal-mart are hard to beat price-wise. AIM only matches those prices. A week or two ago, WM had .45 Champion 100-packs for about $30. AIM saves me on 38 Special and 9x18, big time.
"Kill the white people" ~ Tyrone Green (Eddie Murphy)

GuitarsandGuns wrote:The silent "H" or the the lost "H" 'izzoner His Honor

Netflix brings many British Cop shows.

I'll just keep shtum.
Oy, 'ave you been watching those daft cockney plods on The Bill? I think the silent H is a Londoner thing in the UK, but am not positive.

Australians don't drop the h, ever. Hence the blog title 'An Homage' just loks so wrong to me. This is a rare case where American is a little more French than English and Australian-English. I'm used to Americans looking blank when I say terms such as 'serviette', 'creche' and 'abattoire'.

Sorry for the thread detour!
The Drop Bear, Thylarctos plummetus, is a large, arboreal, predatory marsupial related to the Koala.