S&W Bodyguard 380 w/o laser Range Report - Short

I took possession of my BG 380 last Monday so figured I'd take the wife to the range this weekend to have her practice her skills and try out my the BG.

When I got the BG I was really shocked at how small it is. Its hammer fired and I presume this is why the trigger is so heavy and long travel for it. The sights suck and leaves alot to be desired but I understand why they didn't' want to put any time into the sights. It is purely meant as a deep concealment firearm and/or backup.

I apologize for not having any pictures. Didn't even think about pictures til now as I'm typing this.

From 3 yards away this little shooter was dead on. I was getting about fist-size groupings center-mass. From 5 yards away my groupings were about a hand-width size around my point of aim. So I think that isn't all bad for a backup gun.

There was no discomfort in shooting it at all. Although I only shot about 35 rounds of round nose FMJ from it. The funny thing was my wife couldn't easily pull the trigger. She managed to shoot it once and she was done. Doesn't like it at all.

I like this shooter so much that I'm wondering if the LCP is just as fun to shoot. So I'm going to acquire that in the next few months.

Take care!

Catalyst

Everything is bigger in Texas
Texas LTC Holder
Postal Match Winner: 2017 Q1 Rimfire, 7 Yd Division, Glass, S&W Victory 22

Re: S&W Bodyguard 380 w/o laser Range Report - Short

JoelB wrote:I don't know about Texas, but in many states shooting someone any further away from you than 3 yards makes it hard to claim you were standing your ground.
Well Texas is big. People here have lots of land and its one of the few states that allows use of deadly force to protect their property. With that said, I would never advise anyone protect their property with use of deadly force.

Texas LTC Holder

Catalyst wrote:
KnightsFan wrote:Did you get the original bodyguard or the new M&P branded one?
Mine has the M&P and no laser. Does that make it the new generation of BGs?
Yup, that makes it one of the new ones. I haven't heard much about the difference between the old and new except for cosmetics.

But glad to hear it's a good shooter!
"No one can build his security upon the nobleness of another person."
-Willa Cather

KnightsFan wrote:
Catalyst wrote:
KnightsFan wrote:Did you get the original bodyguard or the new M&P branded one?
Mine has the M&P and no laser. Does that make it the new generation of BGs?
Yup, that makes it one of the new ones. I haven't heard much about the difference between the old and new except for cosmetics.

But glad to hear it's a good shooter!
All over Reddit people are knocking it saying they can't shoot nothing with it. I'm inclined to believe these folks probably don't have a grasp of the shooting fundamentals OR have really really big hands. LOL

Texas LTC Holder