Re: Can I turn a 5.56 marked lower into a 9mm pistol?

Stripped lowers that never had an upper with a 16"+ barrel installed can be built as pistols. Stripped lowers should be sold as 'firearm' or 'other'.

Yes, even if your lower was finished with a stock, you can build it as a pistol as long as you remove the stock first and you did not buy a whole rifle. I would also suggest selling the stock to be 100% safe; constructive intent is an add-on offense but easy to stay away from.
In a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich the chicken and cow are involved while the pig is committed.

MetalSlugIV wrote:Now for the next question. How are Anderson mfg lowers? Are they junk? Are they a good value?
I have an Anderson lower with a 20" PSA upper on it, I used a PSA LPK to put it all together. No tool marks, finish is even with no discolorations, and I've run it with both a carbine and A2 stock on it. 5k rounds no issues. I'd say buy one, especially since they are 40 bucks at AIM right now. http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx? ... h=anderson

MetalSlugIV wrote:Now for the next question. How are Anderson mfg lowers? Are they junk? Are they a good value?
They are great! Probably the best bang for the buck when it comes to lowers. I have one with an LPK and upper from AM too. Perfect fit, no wobble and the trigger is better than any Army issue Colt I've had.

Personally I think certain other brands are only that much more expensive because there are plenty of people willing to pay for them.