GP100 .22LR

So, Ruger is coming out with a 10 shot rimfire GP100. I am very interested. I took a hard look at the new SP .22LR but ultimately didn't bite partly because I couldn't afford it but also because of the godawful trigger. I understand that rimfires need to be stiffer than comparable guns for reliable ignition, but a big old GP shouldn't be too bad. And at that weight, recoil would be non existent. Seems like a shoot all day kind of gun.

What do you all think?
Whatever I said above, just pretend I included the obligatory “both sides,” especially if I said something mean about Trump (don’t want to hurt any feelings).

www.schayden.com

Re: GP100 .22LR

I hit this thread a few times before posting. I have a GP100 in .357, which rocks. It would be nice to have one in .22 for inexpensive DA practice. Lots of things would be nice to have. That's the trouble with gunz. I want them all but have finite space and money--not "all" because some guns are just ugly, I'm sure.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

CDFingers wrote:I hit this thread a few times before posting. I have a GP100 in .357, which rocks. It would be nice to have one in .22 for inexpensive DA practice. Lots of things would be nice to have. That's the trouble with gunz. I want them all but have finite space and money--not "all" because some guns are just ugly, I'm sure.

CDFingers
But the ugly ones need a home too, at least the non-Tupperware guns.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

TrueTexan wrote:
CDFingers wrote:I hit this thread a few times before posting. I have a GP100 in .357, which rocks. It would be nice to have one in .22 for inexpensive DA practice. Lots of things would be nice to have. That's the trouble with gunz. I want them all but have finite space and money--not "all" because some guns are just ugly, I'm sure.

CDFingers
I like the Nagant pistol. That hump it has some might say is ugly; but I'd love to have one! :love: Anyone with an ugly Nagant I'll be more than happy to remove the disgusting piece from your sight! :whistle:

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

sikacz wrote:
TrueTexan wrote:

CDFingers
I like the Nagant pistol. That hump it has some might say is ugly; but I'd love to have one! :love: Anyone with an ugly Nagant I'll be more than happy to remove the disgusting piece from your sight! :whistle:
I'm looking for a 1930 Tula Nagant to match my 91/30. I've got these dioramas developing in the basement closet...could be mildew, though--have to wait until it gets wet to see. Don't forget: this is California the dry.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack