good review for Romanian Tokarevs from J&G sale

I ordered 4 on Wednesday, they arrived Friday. 3 of the 4 had all matching serial number on the frame slide and barrel, 3 of the 4 had fairly shiny bores, not glossy just not dark or pitted.

I took them all to the range and they all fired 8 rounds without any malfunctions. I put a 9mm barrel in one and it fired 9mm rounds fine.

the only flaws were that one was missing a lanyard loop, and one of the firing pins broke. Im sure it was a fluke, but it was also the one i put the 9mm barrel in.

grand total was $740 shipped, $185 each. the come with 1 mag, and leather or canvas holsters
Attachments
tokarev.jpg

Re: good review for Romanian Tokarevs from J&G sale

My experiences with 7.62x25
S&b: the hottest round on the market, chronographed over 1600 fps, brass jacket, verry good round.
Winchester: repackaged s&b, don't waste the $3 they charge over s&b just buy it direct.
Ppu: very smooth round, copper jacket, real muzzle velocity is under 1400fps. Lacks armor penetration capabilities.
Wolf gold: repackaged ppu, don't pay the extra $3

Bulgarian surplus: as far as I can tell it has a marginally thicker bi metal jacket than most surplus, I think this is where it's armor penetrating capabilities come from. I've heard it's a little over 1400 fps. Corrosive so be carful

Re: good review for Romanian Tokarevs from J&G sale

I spent some time at a gun show last week and one table had 3 very overpriced Tokarev clones. One M57 and two Romanians. I was unable to comfortably handle the Romanian version because of the shorter grip. The M57 fit nicely. So they are like any gun. You have to test them out for fit.

But if you have larger hands I'd look at the Yugoslavian versions first. The CZ-52 that was there wasn't bad either but felt unnecessarily big after handling the M57.

They were marked up to $300-350/each so I left them there. For that price you can buy something newer.
Brian