Screw, nuts and torques?

I'm looking for some resource information on torque specs. More specifically for a CZ Vz. 70. I recently decided to remove the grips to see what was underneath. I noticed the grips covered a screw and a nut that hold the cover plate for all the works underneath. Don't remember exactly what it passed through and held in place, I'll check later again. But, when I pulled the trigger I noticed the cover seam opened up a bit. So I tightened it so it was snug and the nut was orientated properly. It actually seemed to make the trigger pull better. But, it occurred to me that I didn't know what the torque it should have been. Also the nut is held in place by the grip, but the screw side could work loose again later. Any tips appreciated!

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Re: Screw, nuts and torques?

I've never read torque specs for any gun but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

For my revolvers I use a flat blade and torque as much as my grip allows. I've had some that were prone to jiggle loose and put a drop of the BLUE loctite on the screw. It stops the loosening up but I can still get into later when I need to.

Puffing up is no substitute for smarts but it's a common home remedy

Permatex Threadlocker Blue is a direct alternative. The machine tool company I worked for used Permatex and LocTite without discriminating. The emphasis on 'Blue' here is important; it is called 'service removable'. Red is considered 'permanent'. After you strip out the driver socket it pretty much is.
The universe - is what it is.

SailDesign wrote:For anything that may have oil drifting around, like a gun, make sure to use Blue 243, NOT 242. 243 is oil-resistant, while 242 can be broken down by oil. Tough to find, but I find it tough. :)
Thanks I'll check it out. The screw side has a punch mark, so I hand tightended so that the slot and punch mark line up. If after a some dry fire with snap caps and some range time it moves I'll get some blue 243!

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

We use red locktite with the spray accelerator for high pressure hose fittings at work. They will never ever never come apart. Ever. You can't heart the hose fittings because the temp is too high for the hoses. Learn that lesson once.
Hey, careful, man, there's a beverage here! The Dude.
Skilled Labor Isn't Cheap - Cheap Labor Isn't Skilled

Antiquus wrote:Uh the CZ70 has a hammer axle that is secured with a nut. Heads up. Item 40.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufactur ... htm?page=3
Yep, that's the one! I'm going to keep an eye on the screw side and I hope it was just poor assembly by the previous owner. I'll not put anything on it yet. I was looking for that diagram, thanks!