Re: Russian Nagant M1895 Revolver

Inquisitor wrote:I finally got some Nagant ammo, but not swapped the cylinder back in to try it. It threw the .32s kinda sideways...
The Nagant ammo sticks forward of the cylinder and is moved forward with movement of the hammer/trigger into the chamber. That bridging or lack of it may be a reason why the .32s might not shoot right. I'm pretty sure it's a fairly accurate pistol in its' original configuration. Let me know what you think.

I've been trying to convert a video to share, but so far not having much luck!

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Been contemplating buying some surplus ammo just to see what it's like. Currently it's not much cheaper but still. So those of you who have shot the surplus did it change your cleaning habits with the revolver? Reason I'd like to try it is mainly curiosity and a little savings.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

sikacz wrote:Been contemplating buying some surplus ammo just to see what it's like. Currently it's not much cheaper but still. So those of you who have shot the surplus did it change your cleaning habits with the revolver? Reason I'd like to try it is mainly curiosity and a little savings.
That's all I've been able to find in these parts is the boxes with Cyrillic writing on 'em.
"There never was a union of church and state which did not bring serious evils to religion."
The Right Reverend John England, first Roman Catholic Bishop of Charleston SC, 1825.

SwampGrouch wrote:
sikacz wrote:Been contemplating buying some surplus ammo just to see what it's like. Currently it's not much cheaper but still. So those of you who have shot the surplus did it change your cleaning habits with the revolver? Reason I'd like to try it is mainly curiosity and a little savings.
That's all I've been able to find in these parts is the boxes with Cyrillic writing on 'em.
I actually like the snap of those 108gr Russian rounds. As for cleaning, I always clean the piece after I get home so there was no change for me.
Cynistoicureanism: The world view best expressed by "I can't trust 'em any farther then I can throw 'em, There's nothing I can do about it anyway, So let's have a drink".

SwampGrouch wrote:
How's it shoot? Anything special on cleaning?

sikacz wrote:How's it shoot? Anything special on cleaning?
It's at least as reliable as anything else I've shot. The thing's no target pistol, but it's accurate enough withing seven or eight yards. As for cleaning, it's no ickier than some of the cheaper off the shelf stuff in .45 ACP or .38 Special. I do make a point of, ah, taking care of maintenance in a timely manner rather than letting the gun sit for a day or ten like I'm wont to do with some others. So far no unusual corrosion.
"There never was a union of church and state which did not bring serious evils to religion."
The Right Reverend John England, first Roman Catholic Bishop of Charleston SC, 1825.

JColville wrote:
SwampGrouch wrote:
I actually like the snap of those 108gr Russian rounds. As for cleaning, I always clean the piece after I get home so there was no change for me.
I may just put it on my ammo list.