an unexpected crush: Glock 26

i'd always rejected glocks for 1911s, because duh. I think i'd only fired full sized glocks, so when my buddy was trying to convince me to finally get a G19, i decided to check it out. nice, but why deal with a 10 round mag in a gun designed for more? all that wasted real estate. that's when i met the G26. oooooh la la. :lovers:

doesn't help to have Hickok45 singing their praises... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wHUEwWmklE

anyone have experience with the G26?

Re: an unexpected crush: Glock 26

Simmer down wrote:I have one I bought on a whim and have a 30rd mag for it. Sort of a nifty size and feel but Glocks give me the willies with their little trigger tab safety.
the 30 round mag is just gravy. whoops! that's right, i live in california.

that trigger deal creeps me out a bit, so i'd expect that i'd carry israeli style starting out. oh wait, that's right, i live in california. :cry:

I own 4 Glocks, a 17,19,26 and a 29. I like the 26 the best out of all of them. It to me is the most versatile. It spends most of its time either in a backpack or center console of the car. It's my hotel gun when I travel and for its size shoots pretty good. I like it more than my S&W shield. Have the pinky extension for it and have no problem controlling it. The fact that you can shoot both 17 and 19 mags through it is an added bonus. I have a kydex holster for my 19 that is open on the muzzle end so it allows me to carry all 3 9mm Glocks makes it more versatile. Yes it is the baby 9mm for now (After Gaston they probably will make a single stack 9mm) but I like mine.
Hey, careful, man, there's a beverage here! The Dude.
Skilled Labor Isn't Cheap - Cheap Labor Isn't Skilled

G26 is a nice-shooting gun but the G19 fits me like a glove and I have smaller guns for deep concealment, so G26 is not on the list. Shoot the G19 and G26 side by side, if you haven't done it already. I know experienced shooters that prefer a smaller gun, even for range plinking. Hickok is a giant and frequently says he prefers to shoot compact pistols that he can barely get two fingers on. So if it feels good, buy it. :)

KnightsFan wrote:Why do you want the 26 over the 19? Just because of the designed capacity difference?

If you're not planning on carrying it I don't see the attraction.

Now a G42 to a 19 makes sense. That is one tiny, but shootable little pistol.
I've shot the G19 and like it, but in CA i'm restricted to 10 round mags. so that means a CA-legal G19 has "wasted" capacity in my view and is basically an oversized G26. I'd like to be able to carry at some point in the future, too.

While we're talking glocks, anyone have favorite aftermarket NON-three dot sights? I find 3 dots confusing.

tincankilla wrote:i'd always rejected glocks for 1911s, because duh. I think i'd only fired full sized glocks, so when my buddy was trying to convince me to finally get a G19, i decided to check it out. nice, but why deal with a 10 round mag in a gun designed for more? all that wasted real estate. that's when i met the G26. oooooh la la. :lovers:

doesn't help to have Hickok45 singing their praises... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wHUEwWmklE

anyone have experience with the G26?
It's like dating an ugly girl. It's fun until a friend sees you. :D

IMO, Glocks shoot very soft (nice). I attribute that to the design absorbing some of the impact.

Hey but technically the G26 is still "under capacity" in CA, as there are pinky extended +2 round mags available outside of CA!

Though you could solve that issue by just deciding on a G27 -- even with pinky extended +1 mag, it fulfills the legal 10 round limit. Or if you're feeling a bit underwhelmed by power, go with the 29SF. That's a nice little hand cannon.

I love my 29. If you miss whatever you are shooting at the muzzle blast will freak them out. Any round that the FBI had to stop carrying because it's agents couldn't handle the recoil is ok with me. I personally don't think the recoil is that bad, a little softer than a magnum out of a revolver but that's to each his/her own. It's hardl to find full power ammo for the 10mm and Cor Bon is pretty much all that I can find for it at the original specs. Should just get the dies for it but it doesn't get shot that much.
Hey, careful, man, there's a beverage here! The Dude.
Skilled Labor Isn't Cheap - Cheap Labor Isn't Skilled

I have a Glock 22 Gen 4 (full size .40 S&W) and the Glock 26 Gen 4. I live in a state with no limitation on magazine capacity, so that wasn't a concern. The G22 is the designated home defense gun.

I put the Pearce +3 mag extender for the G26 (no matter what they say, it only gives you +2) on one magazine for a 12+1 capacity which is plenty for me, plus it makes for a good full grip. I can shoot it OK with the 10-round standard mag installed, but I end up having to curl my little finger under the bottom of the mag. It doesn't affect my ability to conceal it to have the mag extension on it.

For those in locations where you must keep the 10-round capacity, there are +0 extensions available which add front grip surface without violating the laws.

Mine is a fine little gun and I shoot it at the range about as well as the full-sized G22. It carries well in an OWB pancake holster, though I really don't carry it that often, preferring revolvers in general over semi-autos.

I really like mine, but I am not much of a gun snob anyway so I never had anything against Glocks in the first place.

I initially planned on getting a G26 when I decided to apply for a concealed carry class around four years ago. However, I ultimately went with the G19, given that it it wasn't much bigger and gave me five extra rounds per magazine (there is no limit on magazine capacity up here in Minnesota).

I have been toying with the idea of carrying a smaller backup gun. I don't know if I will get around to doing it, but a Glock that is smaller than my G19 comes to mind. I know the G42 is quite compact and a bit cheaper, but the G26 would allow me to use a common caliber for CCW. Furthermore, I could reload a G26 with a G19 magazine in a pinch.
"I have been saying for some time now that America only has one party - the property party. It's the party of big corporations, the party of money. It has two right-wings; one is Democrat and the other is Republican."
-Gore Vidal

Keep in mind that a Glocks shape changes from one frame size to another, the palm swell position effects a where the gun naturally 'points' a lot, by changing the grip angle a little bit. Most folks seem to shoot one frame size better than the others to the point that a cop I knew preferred to carry his 27 with an extension instead of the 23 that he was initially issued, because he could hit more consistently under stress. Your mileage may vary.
Every one you've ever met or will ever meet, knows something you don't. -Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Anti-Gravity Activist

Black Lives Matter