CZ Bandwagon joined

My LGS got in a used P-01 compact a couple weeks ago, and I decided to risk mulling it over. :hmmm:

Next visit, I decided to get the pistol, gone... :sad:

A week later, Some how it showed back up! :) Not sure if that is a red flag.. maybe it is not the same gun..

Anyhow the waiting starts, apparently a shop has to have a consigned gun in inventory for 30 days before it can be DROS'd. I can't start the DROS til mid June.

Hope it is worth the wait! (oooh that trigger..)

:beer2: :beer2: :beer2: :beer2: :beer2: :beer2:
Bleeding Heart Liberal with Second Amendment Benefits.

Re: CZ Bandwagon joined

drigeba wrote:My LGS got in a used P-01 compact a couple weeks ago, and I decided to risk mulling it over. :hmmm:

Next visit, I decided to get the pistol, gone... :sad:

A week later, Some how it showed back up! :) Not sure if that is a red flag.. maybe it is not the same gun..

Anyhow the waiting starts, apparently a shop has to have a consigned gun in inventory for 30 days before it can be DROS'd. I can't start the DROS til mid June.

Hope it is worth the wait! (oooh that trigger..)

:beer2: :beer2: :beer2: :beer2: :beer2: :beer2:
My CZ75 BD is my favorite shooter. So smooth...
You will love you P-01. Welcome to the bandwagon. I'm sitting somewhere in the back-left corner...

I LOVE my CZ 82. It makes me look like a crack shot. I'm sad because I missed the Israeli police CZ 75s that came in to AIM a few weeks ago. :(
Cynistoicureanism: The world view best expressed by "I can't trust 'em any farther then I can throw 'em, There's nothing I can do about it anyway, So let's have a drink".

fknauss wrote:Save up for some CGW stuff!
The trigger pull on the gun I'm getting is pretty light and crisp. Maybe there have already been some tweaks?

When I'm ready I am likely to send my CZ off to "Finishing School" at CGW..

Do you have a trigger pull gauge? I believe my stock CZ75b probably has a 9-11lb DA pull and a 5 lb SA pull with a relatively long reset point. I imagine a P-01 would be about the same. Maybe the CZ has been magically blessed by the previous owner, or by Hastur, so that you got one that's already been tuned =).

I'll see if my LGS has a trigger pull gauge. But the DA pull did not seem to require a lot of effort compared to a CZ 85 i tried. Of course when you are at the range and actually shooting is when you'll really know how light and clean the pull is.. It does not have the CGW hammer.

Once I pick it up on Saturday I can give a full report.

That is the first modern rifle my friend ever worked on. I had seen some flintlock and percussion rifles he made and recognized his talent. I wrote an article for Gun Digest about next rifle he worked on for me which resulted in him becoming a professional engraver.

Range report:

Heavy but smooth DA pull, sweet SA pull with what seems like a long reset, at least longer than the glock I am used to. I think someone mentioned there is a self install kit to shorten the reset..does any one have a suggestion? ( this is nit picking..)

Fine ergonomics for my small hands, the pistol feels like it is molded to my hand. This will be a great piece for introducing my gals to centerfire handgun shooting.

The action is buttery smooth, since someone else has already put a number of rounds downrange with it.

At some point I should replace the faded night sights.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I had better stock up on primers and 9mm projectiles since this firearm is here to stay.

Does any one have any advice on bullet weights for 9mm? Right now I am going with 115 grain, but what is NATO standard?

:beer2: :beer2: :beer2: :beer2: :beer2:

I recently fired a CZ-75B at a gun shop/range, and I was instantly enamored with the gun; it definitely lived up to its reputation. I didn't leave the gun shop/range with a CZ-75 that day, but I ended up buying an older, used EAA Witness a couple of days ago. I don't know what is interchangeable (if anything) between an older EAA Witness and a CZ-75, but I am highly satisfied with my "clone's" ergonomics and trigger pull. Given the faded label on the factory case, I am assuming I have a pre-2005 small frame EAA/Tanfoglio Witness, but I will take some measurements just to make sure (the gun only came with one ten round magazine, and I want to get some "high capacity" ones).
"I have been saying for some time now that America only has one party - the property party. It's the party of big corporations, the party of money. It has two right-wings; one is Democrat and the other is Republican."
-Gore Vidal

Yo drigeba, cajun gun works has a short reset trigger system upgrade for the P-01. If all you're doing is installing the SRT and not polishing up anything, it probably is easy and straightforward. You can use a slave pin to keep the sear cage intact. When I took my Sp-01 apart I had to polish up stuff, so I had to disassemble the sear cage, polish, and then put it back together. Man that was NOT fun.

Anyways, hope you have fun with the gun and the cult of CZthulu!