Triple K magazine review

I have never read anything good about Triple K mags but I needed a mag for an obsolete gun and I was happy to find one of any brand.

http://www.carbinesforcollectors.com/blue15.html
Elderly 32.jpg
Triple K had one on their web site but after payment they said, "Just kidding- Not in stock." I found one on Gunbroker and jumped at it.
Triple K.jpg
I got it and slammed it in the frame and it was wedged in tight. A few days of oiling and I got it tapped out.

I got the calipers and found this was a sloppy mess. I filed, stoned, and sanded the body until it fit the frame. The base was too thick for the heel latch and I had to reduce it with a stone. The guide was about .030" too wide and bulged the sides of the mag out. I had to stone that down and polish all the edges.

Now it fits the frame, holds 6 rounds and seems to feed OK. A trip to the range is needed to sign off on the work.

Summary, a real pos. It should say Loads of Gunsmithing Required. I wouldn't have put 10 hours into any other mag, especially one that cost $37 new, but no other options.

Puffing up is no substitute for smarts but it's a common home remedy

Re: Triple K magazine review

I bought one for my CZ 50. It is tighter in the well than the CZ one, which is actually a CZ 70 version I think. But the Triple K works fine. It also arrived quite quickly, perhaps because the company is based about 2 miles from my house.

Chamber's empty, magazine's full, safety's broken.

nigel wrote:I bought one for my CZ 50. It is tighter in the well than the CZ one, which is actually a CZ 70 version I think. But the Triple K works fine. It also arrived quite quickly, perhaps because the company is based about 2 miles from my house.
We can say they don't 100% suck based on this small forum sample.

My mag wasn't really blued but painted heavily. I wonder if yours has a thick layer on it that makes it feel tight.

Puffing up is no substitute for smarts but it's a common home remedy

You kind of wonder where the breakdown was - measuring an original? Disposing of the original before they measured the subcontractor's finished work? Just not caring?

I could use a couple of spare mags for my two Colt M1903 32 ACP, but the work you put into yours makes $150 for a genuine replacement look like a fair price...
There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary and those who don't.

I bought one for my Colt 1903 a few years back. Cost me $37.00 IIRC.
Took me a little less than an hour with a grinder, files and needle nosed pliers to shorten and reshape the feed lips to get it to function. I also have to give it an extra push to get it to lock in. (should have shortened it a bit more.) Works fine now though.