Re: To Join the CZ Ranks?

FastEddy wrote:Well... It took about two months, but I found the pistol that met all my requirements and it ended up being an FN Browning Hi Power. Very excited for this pistol! Got it with many accessories (selling some off to stay under budget) and appears to be in unfired condition, with the original box and paperwork... None of which was mentioned by the seller. All pleasant surprises!

Has the dual finish stainless slide and nickel plated frame and is sporting the rosewood grips... A Belgian beauty!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451392941.366999.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451392921.340762.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451392713.102134.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FWIW what you have is a carbon steel Hi Power with a hard chrome finish. Browning/FN has never made a stainless Hi Power. Regardless, Hi Power's are magnificent.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

Yes sir, you are correct. If I had not realized this, however, I would have never ended up with a hi power. I had been searching "stainless 9mm" and limiting my searches to full sized pistols for some time. Didn't think there might be hi powers in my price range... Until I started using search terms like "chrome" and "silver." I misspoke with "stainless" only as I was trying to indicate that this is one of the dual finish models. Most of the hard chrome ones are all matte, while this one has a polished slide (what I should have said!). A couple pics with the new hogue cocobolo grips!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453424601.541182.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453424592.356429.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well what I can tell you from years of carrying, hard chrome is FAR more rust resistant and durable of a finish than stainless steel. IMO hard chrome is THE finish to have for a full time carry gun. I carried a hard chrome Hi Power (known as the "silver chrome" model) for a decade and the finish looked every bit as good 10 years later as it did when I bought the thing. You'll be very happy with your hard chrome Hi Power.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”