Re: Convince me to buy (another) .45 revolver

Sorry for posting on this necro thread. A .45 Colt DA revolver is on my short list. The Ruger Redhawk .45ACP/.45 Colt is “unobtainium” right now. That would be the best option in my opinion. I have many Rugers & they are all reliable. Next would be the Taurus Judge, just Becuase they are a) available and b) half the price of a Ruger. I’m not sure I need the .410 functionality, as I find the gauge to be quite anemic- especially out of a 3” bbl.

I have the Ruger Blackhawk with the .45 ACP & .45 Colt cylinders and I enjoy that pistol immensely. However, even that one took me the better part of a year to find it. & don’t shoot a lot of .45 ACP out of it (save that for 1911s) but nice to have the option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Living in New Jersey, where it took me a wait of 4 months to get a pair of handgun purchase permits--and you can only use one, then have to wait 30 days to use the other, it was a 6 month exercise to buy 2 handguns. So impulse-buys of handguns is kind of out of the question. I have to justify each in my mind--why I want/"need" this gun.

Therefore, I must concentrate on the quality of my choices, not the quantity...And I STILL haven't felt safe going to the range to try my new Taurus Tracker Convertible in .357/.38 and 9mm.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

I've been wondering about that gun, YT. :D Missed your shot midsummer, methinks. Might be another six months before we get delta back down to June numbers.

I had my eye out for that same Redhawk, Invictus. A local store got some in stock - in late March last year, during the lockdown. I wasn't willing to charge out to get one, and they sold out within a week. :cry: Haven't seen one since. So I went the Blackhawk route, and I can't say I regret it. Still keep an eye out though. Might go stupid and pick up a .454 SR eventually, but mostly for Colt. I've wondered about the potential of a .45 ACP moonclip on one, but wondered if there was a problem with case support.

wings wrote:I've been wondering about that gun, YT. :D Missed your shot midsummer, methinks. Might be another six months before we get delta back down to June numbers.

I had my eye out for that same Redhawk, Invictus. A local store got some in stock - in late March last year, during the lockdown. I wasn't willing to charge out to get one, and they sold out within a week. :cry: Haven't seen one since. So I went the Blackhawk route, and I can't say I regret it. Still keep an eye out though. Might go stupid and pick up a .454 SR eventually, but mostly for Colt. I've wondered about the potential of a .45 ACP moonclip on one, but wondered if there was a problem with case support.
I think we are in competition for the same niche guns, lol. You take Columbus & Cleveland, Akron/Canton as your territory. I will take from Toledo down the the I-75 corridor through Dayton & Cincinnati.

I expect to branch out into .454 eventually, too. I wish there were more reasonably priced carbine offerings in the caliber.

I decided to standardize on the .45 Colt (and derivatives) vice .44 magnum; mainly Becuase there is some moderate overlap in components between it and .45ACP. (Bullets, primers, powder) Otherwise, there are probably more options for actual firearms chambered in .44 mag —- but that’s probably not a “good thing” for me anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wings wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:18 pm I've been wondering about that gun, YT. :D Missed your shot midsummer, methinks. Might be another six months before we get delta back down to June numbers.
Yeah, I'm seriously pissed at myself for that. Meanwhile it's a "safe queen", as are the rest of my guns. I'm gonna have to remember which end the bullets go in! :hmmm:
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."