Well, back with another S&W on the way

Can't stay away I guess especially not with a cosmetically challenged but mechanically sound S&W Model 13-3 on the way from Allan's Armory.

K frame, 4" barrel, fixed sights, blue steel and 357 magnum. No pics yet because I just ordered it today but then got looking here for load data :) so I thought I'd say hello and try to get back into the place.

Anyone got any 357 brass to spare? I've got 30-06 and 45 ACP to trade...
Live like you will never die, love like you've never been hurt, dance
like no-one is watching.
Alex White

Re: Well, back with another S&W on the way

Simmer down wrote:Will you be using jacketed or lead or have you gotten that far yet?
I've got some gas checked 158 gr lswchp and some 158 gr (according to the box) wadcutters. Look just like the classic 148 gr double ended wc so I need to weigh them.

I'm looking at 5 gr unique for 38 special and 13.5 gr (1 cc Lee scoop) 2400 for magnum brass once I get some. And a light load of bullseye behind the wadcutters. I might have some w231 left too.
like no-one is watching.
Alex White

TheViking wrote:Welcome back and congrats on the new gun! Bought Model 15 myself recently, love that gun.

BTW, I'm very happy with the .25, been shooting that quite a bit and carry it occasionally. It's surprisingly precise once you get a hang of it.
Glad to hear about the 25. It's the nicest mouse gun I've had and a . 25 remains better than a sharp stick :)
like no-one is watching.
Alex White

wlewisiii wrote:
TheViking wrote:Welcome back and congrats on the new gun! Bought Model 15 myself recently, love that gun.

BTW, I'm very happy with the .25, been shooting that quite a bit and carry it occasionally. It's surprisingly precise once you get a hang of it.
Glad to hear about the 25. It's the nicest mouse gun I've had and a . 25 remains better than a sharp stick :)
I did put some black grips on it, though - those ivory-ish ones were just hideous.

TheViking wrote:
wlewisiii wrote:

I did put some black grips on it, though - those ivory-ish ones were just hideous.
Nice :thumbup: I kept planning to get these solid brass ones I found on the net but never did.

Reminds me, I'll need a set of Ahrends grips for the 13... :bananadance:
like no-one is watching.
Alex White