Sight replacement Sugestions

Hey all so in addition to dryfire, and coin practice I've also thought that it might be time to replace/upgrade the iron sights on my 1911.

It is a Para Expert and I'm looking for possible suggestions on replacements. I don't necessarily need night sights but would like some type of 3 dot to assist in the lining things up.

I'm considering this set from Dawson Precision and Para suggested something from XSsights.com I'm still looking but any suggestions would be appreciated.
I shoot guns and make ammo to.
Attachments
Sight Dimensions.doc
Document on sight dimension sent from PARA
(27.5 KiB) Downloaded 192 times

Re: Sight replacement Sugestions

I have the DP fiber optic front on my PPQ long slide and a Turul rear:

Gimme a sec, I'll get a picture or two up:

A fiber optic rear isn't all that needed when you know to line up the tops of the posts and center the front dot. The red fiber optic shows up nicely in a lit environment, as if they are self-illuminated. If you insist on two rear dots, then I would get the DP set. I like fiber optic, even though it's useless in a dark environment.

I prefer Warren Tactical sights - black rear and red fiber front - on my competition M&P. I have Dawson Precision sights on a PPQ but feel the lateral space between the rear and front sight is too wide for me and the fiber is too small and dim. I also really like Truglo TFO sights (fiber and night on both front and rear) for self-defense applications.

begemot wrote:I prefer Warren Tactical sights - black rear and red fiber front - on my competition M&P. I have Dawson Precision sights on a PPQ but feel the lateral space between the rear and front sight is too wide for me and the fiber is too small and dim. I also really like Truglo TFO sights (fiber and night on both front and rear) for self-defense applications.
I can see small, but dim?

Does Warren make sights for the PPQ? That is all I have to work with (5" barrel long slide), so that is what I will take into competition.

RobertS wrote:
begemot wrote:I prefer Warren Tactical sights - black rear and red fiber front - on my competition M&P. I have Dawson Precision sights on a PPQ but feel the lateral space between the rear and front sight is too wide for me and the fiber is too small and dim. I also really like Truglo TFO sights (fiber and night on both front and rear) for self-defense applications.
I can see small, but dim?

Does Warren make sights for the PPQ? That is all I have to work with (5" barrel long slide), so that is what I will take into competition.
You know, it's really subjective and a matter of preference. Warren fiber tubes are thicker, shorter, and pick up more light in a darker area like an indoor range. in bright outdoor lighting Dawson's illuminate similarly but are still noticeably smaller (which some people prefer). I like the bigger dot and quicker sight picture (for me) of the Warren sights. There's always a trade-off between speed and well...precision. :) If you're just starting to compete either sights are good to go and miles better than factory irons. Not sure if Warren makes PPQ sights.

Here's my PPQ and M&P side-by-side for reference.
IMG_20160430_211251668.jpg

For the last year or so I have had fiber optic front and notched black rear on both my 1911s, similar to this:

My front sights are Dawson Precision, and I chose them specifically because they are narrower than most others. This allows for more precise longer shots, and still provides plenty of FO flash for my eyes.
"To initiate a war of aggression...is the supreme international crime" - Nuremberg prosecutor Robert Jackson, 1946

I'll second the suggestion for LPA sights - I have a 3 dot LPA (factory Beretta for the Px4 but I added the adjustable to my Px4 SC) and I'm very happy with mine. They make a bunch of styles for the 1911 that look very good.

Here's mine on the Beretta Px4 SC:

VooDoo
Tyrants disarm the people they intend to oppress.

I am sworn to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.