Re: I don't need another antique top-break revolver!

HuckleberryFun wrote:A Webley Mark IV is one of my holy grail guns. If you have one and wish to divest yourself...
I actually do have one for sale.

Despite being acommercial MK IV, it was taken into service in India in WW II. Send me a PM if you are interested.

Best of all, you can tell by seeing the complete serifs of the serial number that the cylinder has not been shaved.

JoelB wrote:
HuckleberryFun wrote:A Webley Mark IV is one of my holy grail guns. If you have one and wish to divest yourself...

Despite being acommercial MK IV, it was taken into service in India in WW II. Send me a PM if you are interested.

Best of all, you can tell by seeing the complete serifs of the serial number that the cylinder has not been shaved.

Oh my.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

TinkerPearce wrote:
TheViking wrote:
Knowing Tinker, it'll have a 1/2" barrel :D
Now now, don't exaggerate. 3/4" at least...

I was reminded of this 2" AR:

Yes, that's the tip of the bullet you can see sticking out. Probably not anywhere near Minute of Barn Door precise but at least you'll scare the bad guys with the muzzle flash

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015 ... no-really/

TheViking wrote:
TinkerPearce wrote:
TheViking wrote:
Knowing Tinker, it'll have a 1/2" barrel :D
Now now, don't exaggerate. 3/4" at least...

I was reminded of this 2" AR:

Yes, that's the tip of the bullet you can see sticking out. Probably not anywhere near Minute of Barn Door precise but at least you'll scare the bad guys with the muzzle flash

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015 ... no-really/
:blink:

"Person, woman, man, camera, TV."

JoelB wrote:

Nice!

Evertime I see one, I feel I should be solving mysteries along foggy London cobblestone streets

"Person, woman, man, camera, TV."

JoelB wrote:
dandad wrote:I have a Colt, British. New service 455 eley. In 455 webley. Can this be converted to 45 acp? If so, how do i do it?

Yes it can be done, but please don't do it. There are many collectors like me who want them in the original caliber.
Reloading for these calibers is not difficult.
"Aim for their foil beanies! It's the only way to be sure..."
https://tinkertalksguns.wordpress.com
https://www.facebook.com/michael.t.pearce.7

JoelB wrote:
dandad wrote:I have a Colt, British. New service 455 eley. In 455 webley. Can this be converted to 45 acp? If so, how do i do it?

Yes it can be done, but please don't do it. There are many collectors like me who want them in the original caliber.

Its not a very sought after, or expensive gun from what I have seen on it, and I do not plan on selling it anyway. Id like to shoot it sometime, but not a daily or likely even a yearly shooter. I guess I could just buy some rounds as seldom as I would shoot this.
This is just my opinion, yours may vary and is no less valid.
- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more